British Comedy Guide

Help with relationship advice Page 7

Quote: chipolata @ November 18 2008, 2:17 PM GMT

Yes, but people often only play games out of nervousness or insecurity or fear of rejection. The world of male-female relations is a daunting stress-filled place.

But sooner or later the other person is gonna figure out you are not an international playboy model or stuntman! I had one date constantly say "me too!" once and while I love meeting a liked minded person, it soon became clear that they had no clue what I was talking about and that annoyed me. You don't have to like what I like, just like me!

Quote: Mike Dan-Carter @ November 18 2008, 2:00 PM GMT

'well you couldn't even be bothered to text me last time to tell me you didn't want to go out, so it's gonna have to be a no from me'.

That is something that so pisses me off. It is so f**king rude. What is it with women that they are unable to distinguish between 'clingy' and 'tell me one way or the other you stupid bitch, cause if it's "no" I would like to make other plans'?

Again, that's clearly 'people', not women. :)

Indeed.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at Large @ November 18 2008, 2:23 PM GMT

But sooner or later the other person is gonna figure out you are not an international playboy model or stuntman! I had one date constantly say "me too!" once and while I love meeting a liked minded person, it soon became clear that they had no clue what I was talking about and that annoyed me. You don't have to like what I like, just like me!

I'm not sure that all games revolve around people pretending to be international models or stuntmen. I'm thinking more of when people kind of shuffle awkwardly around each other, feigning disinterest or being overeager, just because they're unsure of how to act.

I currently have my sights set on a very nice young lady and after being very nice to her for weeks, flirting like a trouper, I've suddenly started giving her the cold shoulder - and I can't figure out why.

Quote: chipolata @ November 18 2008, 2:17 PM GMT

Yes, but people often only play games out of nervousness or insecurity or fear of rejection. The world of male-female relations is a daunting stress-filled place.

Veeerrry much agreed.

Quote: zooo @ November 18 2008, 2:26 PM GMT

Again, that's clearly 'people', not women. :)

Never having dated a man I will have to trust you on that.

Ha!

Me nether. The nuns forbid it....

Quote: Timbo @ November 18 2008, 2:25 PM GMT

That is something that so pisses me off. It is so f**king rude. What is it with women that they are unable to distinguish between 'clingy' and 'tell me one way or the other you stupid bitch, cause if it's "no" I would like to make other plans'?

:D

Quote: Timbo @ November 18 2008, 2:29 PM GMT

Never having dated a man I will have to trust you on that.

No boy-on-boy dates? What kind of modern man are you?

Quote: Timbo @ November 18 2008, 2:25 PM GMT

Couldn't agree more. It's just good manners to get back to someone.

Quote: Marc P @ November 18 2008, 2:05 PM GMT

Put her picture up Mike and we'll advise you accordingly. Not that in any way any of the posters on this forum are ever shallow.

She's all woman

Quote: zooo @ November 18 2008, 2:33 PM GMT

No boy-on-boy dates? What kind of modern man are you?

I am afraid gay love is something I can't get my head round. Whistling nnocently

Quote: chipolata @ November 18 2008, 2:27 PM GMT

I'm not sure that all games revolve around people pretending to be international models or stuntmen.

Can't I be both?

Quote: Timbo @ November 18 2008, 2:42 PM GMT

I am afraid gay love is something I can't get my head round. Whistling nnocently

Queer.

Quote: Lee Henman @ November 18 2008, 2:41 PM GMT

no wonder she couldn't text you