British Comedy Guide

Help with relationship advice Page 15

It's like catnip to... well you see what I mean.

Quote: Ben @ April 25 2011, 12:48 PM BST

One date doesn't constitute a serious relationship. It's just "seeing someone" unless, of course, there's been a long build up to this first date.

The guy posted on a thread about asking this girl out. Sounds like he was quite worried about it going wrong so...

We need Mike Dan Carter back to update us all. He might have some insight.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ April 25 2011, 12:50 PM BST

The guy posted on a thread about asking this girl out. Sounds like he was quite worried about it going wrong so...

Well a lot of people worry about the asking out aspect, but I know very little about the background to this. I just don't think a young and - no doubt - incredibly handsome man should be limiting himself at this stage.

I'm glad Elliot doesn't look here anymore, or he might take that as an invite to run off...

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ April 25 2011, 12:55 PM BST

I'm glad Elliot doesn't look here anymore, or he might take that as an invite to run off...

Do you monitor his internet access? :(

There's the occasional exception, the Robyn! Anyway, you and him were flirting for about a year before you met, so that's different.

Quote: Ben @ April 25 2011, 1:00 PM BST

There's the occasional exception, the Robyn! Anyway, you and him were flirting for about a year before you met, so that's different.

:$ Hmmm.

Quote: chipolata @ April 25 2011, 12:59 PM BST

I wouldn't know how. He's out atm anyway.

Quote: chipolata @ April 25 2011, 12:59 PM BST

He only looks up Robyn

He goes Googly eyed for her.

Quote: TopBanana @ April 25 2011, 12:06 PM BST

Just checked FB.......two different women have sent me messages asking if I'd like to meet them.

Argh!

Just arrange to see them all on the same night but in different places, then spend the evening rushing between them. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote: Nogget @ April 25 2011, 4:45 PM BST

Just arrange to see them all on the same night but in different places, then spend the evening rushing between them. What could possibly go wrong?

Working on next year's entry for the Sitcomission while having a social life. Proof that men can multi-task.

Hello. Just got back and read through the pages in this thread.

1. The afternoon went well. Very well. I/we had a great time and flirted lots....saucepot! :O There was one kiss on the cheek. She smelt lovely. She texted me about 17 minutes after I dropped her home saying 'What a lovely day with great company xx'. Outcome: I'm taking her up the Botanic Gardens tomorrow afternoon.

2. The two women on FB. I've not said anything to them yet. Might just block them! ;p They are nice lasses, but.....how awkward would it be to meet someone from the internet? I've spoken to them on and off for about 3 months.....just about TV and shit....so it was out of the blue. Outcome: I'm going to see what my mate Spud advises, but I'll probably give them a nice/polite message each saying 'I'm taken'.

I think you're right not to go and see either of the other two women, but fyi I can say that meeting women from the internet can be more than fine. Almost 3 years later I can defo say that...

Ah- so it does work? I'm not saying it is wrong or just for 'geeks' or owt, more that it is quite embarrassing. I guess I'm just too shy and reserved to actually go through with it.

Quote: TopBanana @ April 25 2011, 9:11 PM BST

...how awkward would it be to meet someone from the internet?

Easy, done it loads of times. It's often disappointing, and occasionally pleasantly surprising.