British Comedy Guide

Help with relationship advice Page 10

Quote: chipolata @ April 21 2011, 5:26 PM BST

Just kiss me.

Desperate times calling for desperate measures?

Quote: keewik @ April 21 2011, 5:24 PM BST

If you get on well and have the same interests, could you suggest going somewhere together as mates, then see what happens?

My current 'plan' is to spend time with her and give her a few more loaded compliments and see if there is a reaction this time. But, I'm awful at giving relaxed compliments......useless.

Well, if she knows you're now single (which I assume she does) then she'll know in the back of her mind at the very least that there's potential for a change in your relationship now.
So yeah, giving a few compliments should be a good start. And if you arrange to do something together, she should pretty much figure out you're interested.

That's the plan I originally had.

I may give her a gentle compliment on Facebook, first, though. Any ideas?......nothing too sleazy, please!

Put your hand down the front of her trousers (not the back, unless she's kinky). Don't worry if she slaps you or calls the police, it just means she's playing hard to get.

Will do that tonight.

Quote: zooo @ April 21 2011, 5:45 PM BST

Well, if she knows you're now single (which I assume she does) then she'll know in the back of her mind at the very least that there's potential for a change in your relationship now.
So yeah, giving a few compliments should be a good start. And if you arrange to do something together, she should pretty much figure out you're interested.

Do this... then put your hands down her pants...front side.

Quote: TopBanana @ April 21 2011, 5:40 PM BST

But, I'm awful at giving relaxed compliments......useless.

Best not to then, you should only do what comes naturally to you. Give her nervous and awkward compliments, stare at her tits and fumble all over her.

Compliments can be a bit dodgy - she may think you're taking the piss or are a wierdo.

Or are merely trying to get into her pants. Which you're not???

:) Not cynical comment,.. if you engage in a conversation about a 'band' or 'film' see how it starts to flow.
If things progress then mention other 'non verbal' or ' non tactile' experiences she will understand.

If she has had similar, maybe she will venture a sign to enjoy an experience in a 'non threatening' way...

Quote: TopBanana @ April 21 2011, 4:29 PM BST

Sooooo.....there is this new lass I like. Very cute and sweet, very funny and with the same kind of interests as me. Great, I hear you say.

No, you hear me say "is she single". If the answer is 'yes' then perhaps you have limited time before someone else snaps her up. And if she is single, and likes you, she might well be hoping you'll ask her out.

You say you're shy, but as Alfred says, just do things shyly, it might be endearing that way; some people like 'shy', and find overconfidence a complete turn-off. But if you want to be more confident, join a dating site and get out there and go on dates. Of course you might not like the people you meet, but you'll gain confidence. Who knows, you might be surprised, and meet someone great. I did.

Is your shyness a fear of failure? It's important to fail a few times in order to teach you how to succeed; what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I appreciate that doesn't stop you feeling shy right now, but at least you'll know that making your move has two positive outcomes, either success, or an invaluable learning experience.

Quote: Nogget @ April 22 2011, 6:45 AM BST

No, you hear me say "is she single". If the answer is 'yes' then perhaps you have limited time before someone else snaps her up. And if she is single, and likes you, she might well be hoping you'll ask her out.

You say you're shy, but as Alfred says, just do things shyly, it might be endearing that way; some people like 'shy', and find overconfidence a complete turn-off. But if you want to be more confident, join a dating site and get out there and go on dates. Of course you might not like the people you meet, but you'll gain confidence. Who knows, you might be surprised, and meet someone great. I did.

Is your shyness a fear of failure? It's important to fail a few times in order to teach you how to succeed; what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I appreciate that doesn't stop you feeling shy right now, but at least you'll know that making your move has two positive outcomes, either success, or an invaluable learning experience.

When you say right now Nogget.... look at when the post was made. :)

Quote: Marc P @ April 22 2011, 8:13 AM BST

When you say right now Nogget.... look at when the post was made. :)

The thread started years ago, but that post was from April 21.

Send her flowers...

... that you cummed in.

Quote: Leevil @ April 22 2011, 1:16 PM BST

Send her flowers...

... that you cummed in.

But only if you get so desperate for physical contact that a slap round the face will do.