British Comedy Guide

Help with relationship advice

Sorry to change the subject from comedy, but I really need some help.

I met this girl, we got on really well, went out a few times and I thought we had a really good time, although she was a bit hot & cold, especially over text.

I asked her out on our 4th date last week, I planned to take her for dinner and cinema, she said she would let me know by texting me at the weekend (not a good sign I know). She didn't bother to text me. I saw her today (at work) and she said 'Oh I didn't feel like doing anything on sunday, I felt so ill'. I just said 'Dont worry about it'. My thinking was that she could have at least let me know as thats the decent thing to do.

My question to you now is how do I act around her now?? She's obviously not interested and I don't want her to think that I'm gonna stand for being messed around etc. I've lost a bit of interest because I'm a bit disappointed in her.

Sorry for changing the tone people.

You should have read General General last night when everyone was helping me with my relationship. (We're okay now btw everyone, he called).

You need to be friendly, but totally act nonchalent about the whole thing. Say hi, ask how she is, but be really airy about it, as if you're not really interested. She'll be gutted and if she is interested she'll come back to you. If not, you've tken the higher ground.

If she's not interested and you're not interested any more, just go back to treating her as a colleague. Yes she should have let you know but no point making a big deal of it if it's not going anywhere.

Awwww poor you.

From a girls point of view, it is possible (but less likely) she may have been ill but just thoughtless. My strongest advice is give her a couple of weeks to get back to you. If she is really interested, she won't last long without wanting to call. Don't give her the cold shoulder completely. Be nice but just don't chase. If she doesn't contact you at all, it wasn't meant to be and you are far better off :).

It's nice to answer a problem from someone who isn't a teenage girl! Laughing out loud

I'd go with Afinkawan's advice. Also, kill a hooker. Always cheers me up.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 18 2008, 12:22 PM GMT

Also, kill a hooker. Always cheers me up.

Whether you want to shag a hooker first then kill her or kill a hooker first then shag her is totally up to you Mike. Have you an HGV licence by the way?

Ignore the prick-teasing piece of shit. That'll learn her.

Strange thing is she seemed so nice, but over the last week I've just become really disappointed in her.

Well then, Mike, I think you know what to do : Absolutely Nothing.

Look at her with pity. But outwardly, cool and unbothered.

You should have f**ked her by now anyway. Are you gay?

Quote: Aaron @ November 18 2008, 12:50 PM GMT

Look at her with pity. But outwardly, cool and unbothered.

Just model himself on your face you mean?

Quote: David Bussell @ November 18 2008, 12:56 PM GMT

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ November 18 2008, 12:56 PM GMT

You should have f**ked her by now anyway. Are you gay?

No, no, I'm not gay (I don't think so anyway). I'm thinking of a penis now and it's doing nothing for me so no, no I'm not gay.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 18 2008, 12:56 PM GMT

Well not just my face, but how I look at everyone in general, yes.