British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 882

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 14 2012, 12:38 PM BST

*RC sings 'Grammar Nazi' to the tune of Crazy Horses by The Osmonds*

Is that grammar?...Anyway, it's not the mistake that's funny, or you 'googling' what it should have been because you always thought that's what it was, it's you managing to use the word 'tact'

Quote: rwayne @ June 14 2012, 12:41 PM BST

it's you managing to use the word 'tact'

And once again rwayne, thank you so much for your contribution to the conversation. I think your thoughtful observations really added to the discussion and in no way made everyone think you're a total tit wank.

Wave

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 14 2012, 12:45 PM BST

And once again rwayne, thank you so much for your contribution to the conversation. I think your thoughtful observations really added to the discussion and in no way made everyone think you're a total tit wank.

Wave

You're funny (largely accidentally, though)

You're speaking for everyone now?

'Tit wank'... For the last time I AM NEVER GOING TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU! Move on boy.

:D

(At RC. Not Rwayne; that would be silly.)

Quote: rwayne @ June 14 2012, 12:48 PM BST

I AM NEVER GOING TO HAVE SEX WITH YOU!

Are you speaking for everyone now?

:P

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 14 2012, 12:48 PM BST

:D

(At RC. Not Rwayne; that would be silly.)

Aaw... how sweet of you to stroke that eggshell ego.

Quote: rwayne @ June 14 2012, 12:55 PM BST

Aaw... how sweet of you to stroke that eggshell ego.

Listen up he-she, I don't really care if you have a futile pop at me, but you're becoming the drunken heckler of the BCG.

I was really hoping to expand on the Harvey Nics piss pants story and come up with a string of purile but hilarious skits about spontaeneous urination in other advertising campaigns.

Instead, I've got you at the back going 'get off! you're rubbish!' and then laughing at your own inebriated genius.

Can you not make a salient point about the conversation and throw in your customary insult as an aside? It would make the BCG much more entertaining for all involved.

Thank you.

It's a great thread for sourcing topical quickies info mind :)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 14 2012, 1:00 PM BST

Listen up he-she, I don't really care if you have a futile pop at me, but you're becoming the drunken heckler of the BCG.

I was really hoping to expand on the Harvey Nics piss pants story and come up with a string of purile but hilarious skits about spontaeneous urination in other advertising campaigns.

Instead, I've got you at the back going 'get off! you're rubbish!' and then laughing at your own inebriated genius.

Can you not make a salient point about the conversation and throw in your customary insult as an aside? It would make the BCG much more entertaining for all involved.

Thank you.

Relax!... people like you, they really do. Is that better?

No. No material there.

More than 50% of offenders ordered to wear electronic tags break the rules of their court-imposed curfews, a review of the use of tagging has found./../

The report also highlights "deeply worrying" individual cases, including one in which a man with a known record of domestic violence was sent back to the family home to serve his eight-week curfew despite the objections of his partner. He was subsequently charged with assaulting her.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jun/14/half-tagged-offenders-break-curfew-rules

I like the one who put his tag on the dog.

I think we in the UK are just going to have to get used to locking up a lot more people.

And frankly stopping locking up none violent, none flight risk compliant offenders.

I mean if you think the guy who fiddled his taxes really deserves to be raped in a shower. Couldn't an arrange be made with a local gay sauna.

'The critical report comes as the Ministry of Justice considers bids for a further big expansion of tagging to be introduced next April under eight-year contracts that could be worth as much as £1bn.'

On the one hand, I'd like to see explosive collars like in Battle Royale, so if offenders break curfew, they get their leg blown off.

And on the other, I'm beginning to imagine a nightmarish dystopian future of entire families (and their dogs) microchipped and rigourously monitored by satellite surveillance 24 hours a day.

Screw it - explosive tags FTW!

Quote: sootyj @ June 14 2012, 1:36 PM BST

I mean if you think the guy who fiddled his taxes really deserves to be raped in a shower.

What a very middle class, white collar approach to crime. Sure, you might have swindled loads of vulnerable pensioners out of their life savings and condemned them to live out their last years on Earth in abject poverty and squalor, but you didn't punch a Chav on a Saturday night, so off you go.

Unimpressed

Quote: sootyj @ June 14 2012, 1:36 PM BST

I think we in the UK are just going to have to get used to locking up a lot more people.

And frankly stopping locking up none violent, none flight risk compliant offenders.

I mean if you think the guy who fiddled his taxes really deserves to be raped in a shower. Couldn't an arrange be made with a local gay sauna.

I agree. Of course you should receive some punishment but there is a big difference between fiddling your taxes and murdering someone. More community service perhaps. Surely that would be cheaper than housing someone for a length of time.