British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 881

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 13 2012, 10:05 PM BST

Twat.

;) :P :P

D'yah see how it works :D

Quote: DaButt @ June 12 2012, 7:24 PM BST

So that's why you get bent out of shape when I say something negative about President Obama? ;)

I only pretend to get bent out of shape to wind you up and you face an onslaught of positive Obamarisms. It's funny watching your blood pressure go up. ;)

Can I just reitterate Obama is abit of a disapointment.

But he's better than the frankly terrifying opposition.

And his failures like Bush's et al. Is far more to do with your incredibly combative political system.

Obama is disappointing but nowhere near as bad as the ridiculous tea party brigade make out.

That said, the Mormon as president would be quite funny. Not that it's likely to happen.

Quote: sootyj @ June 14 2012, 9:46 AM BST

The additional problems are.

1 By and large squatters live on/in unoccupied land. Rehousing them would cost a fortune.
2 Travellers have got quite expert at making removing them as expensive and difficult as possible.

nb these groups generally are the minority.

The additional problems are.

1 When pikeys move in, burglaries, metal theft, car theft, violent crime and public disorder soon follow. Once peaceful semi-rural neighbourhoods are destroyed by an influx of extremely aggressive tax dodging scum who all own massive houses in Ireland.

2 Squatters move into 'empty' houses - sometimes when the owners have gone away on holiday for two weeks. They steal and destroy everything in the house, sell off anything not bolted (and in some cases bolted) down to buy drugs. Hold hugely loud late night parties, the area becomes full of drug addicts and violent dealers and crime goes up.

This ancient right to deliberately trespass, not pay tax, steal stuff and turn the neighbourhood into a crime zone is a very strange piece of English Law.

I'm not nearly as softy left leaning when it comes to travellers. I've got a bit of a blind spot for the issue.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 14 2012, 12:06 PM BST

1 When pikeys move in, burglaries, metal theft, car theft, violent crime and public disorder soon follow.

I know that's not true, because I saw the Channel 4 series about them, and any issues regarding crime were hardly mentioned at all. What was talked about endlessly was how they are God-fearing, hard-working, honest folk, who are persecuted, misunderstood, and generally hated for absolutely no reason by outsiders. I wonder why?

A bit of an uncomfortable secret is for councils its a massive saving.

When people live in big communities and have fairly low expectations. Its much much cheaper than offering individual housing.
I mean offering a home educationalist to pop by a site and do f**k all once a month. Is so much cheaper than offering school places.

The problem is they're neighbours get screwed with trashed property prices, pressure on local services and in fairness an increase in crime. Simon Donaldson has some rather pithy remarks about why he wrote "those thieving gypsy bastards"

Quote: Nogget @ June 14 2012, 12:15 PM BST

I know that's not true, because I saw the Channel 4 series about them, and any issues regarding crime were hardly mentioned at all.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I think we've down this conversational road on the BCG before, so to change tact, here is a fun advertising story that is breaking in the UK Press -

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-features/TMG9319247/Harvey-Nichols-criticised-for-sale-advert-showing-models-wetting-themselves-with-excitement.html#

There is 'outrage' with the Harvy Nichols advertising campaign showing models literally pissing themselves with excitement over the new sale.

Quote: Nogget @ June 14 2012, 12:15 PM BST

I know that's not true, because I saw the Channel 4 series about them, and any issues regarding crime were hardly mentioned at all. What wastalked about endlessly was how they are God-fearing, hard-working, honest folk, who are persecuted, misunderstood, and generally hated for absolutely no reason by outsiders. I wonder why?

I watched a community channel program on how they have ancient traditions, won the second world war and are terribly misunderstood.

I wasn't interested in them.

I just wanted to see my old lawnmower again,

Quote: sootyj @ June 14 2012, 12:21 PM BST

I just wanted to see my old lawnmower again,

Booyah!

There is a tendency of special pleading that is most bloody annoying.

I mean in Archway there's always atleast 20 blokes in dresses, offering you to show you heaven every sunday afternoon.
Actually they're Selafist Muslims in Dish dashes, behaving in a way that would have Christian missionaries moved on.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 14 2012, 12:20 PM BST

I think we've down this conversational road on the BCG before, so to change tact, here is a fun advertising story that is breaking in the UK Press -

http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/news-features/TMG9319247/Harvey-Nichols-criticised-for-sale-advert-showing-models-wetting-themselves-with-excitement.html#

There is 'outrage' with the Harvy Nichols advertising campaign showing models literally pissing themselves with excitement over the new sale.

"To change tact"... That's gold!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 14 2012, 12:20 PM BST

That's pretty funny. Not surprised the Harvey Nicks shopping populus is outraged though, boring trendy arseburgers.

Quote: rwayne @ June 14 2012, 12:30 PM BST

"To change tact"... That's gold!

*RC sings 'Grammar Nazi' to the tune of Crazy Horses by The Osmonds*

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 14 2012, 12:33 PM BST

That's pretty funny. Not surprised the Harvey Nicks shopping populus is outraged though, boring trendy arseburgers.

I think Harvy Nics have been quite clever with this. If they only pander to their established older customers, they'll die and so will the business. So they have to appeal to a younger, hipper consumer who doesn't mind a bit of piss crotch humour.