British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 880

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 13 2012, 11:30 PM BST

Laughing out loud

rwayne just made me laugh. I guess the Mayans were right, goodbye everyone.

Don't give with one hand and take with the other... it's bad form young man!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 13 2012, 11:30 PM BST

rwayne just made me laugh.

Damn! I missed it.

Quote: rwayne @ June 13 2012, 11:38 PM BST

Don't give with one hand and take with the other...

Your posts positively drip with sexual innuendo. Just be thankful sootyj isn't here.

*when are chicks going to realise that a backhanded compliment is still a compliment? Man, they are a needy bunch*

;) :P

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 13 2012, 11:44 PM BST

Your posts positively drip with sexual innuendo. Just be thankful sootyj isn't here.

*when are chicks going to realise that a backhanded compliment is still a compliment? Man, they are a needy bunch*

;) :P

A person can see what they want to see a lot of the time.

Quote: rwayne @ June 13 2012, 11:46 PM BST

A person can see what they want to see a lot of the time.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 11:47 PM BST

Especially the "ex-BBC" ones.

I am totally lost now. Huh?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 11:42 PM BST

Damn! I missed it.

Don't worry. I don't imagine, for a second, you'd understand everything I write.

This chat isn't nearly inflamatory enough. Try harder, people.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ June 12 2012, 10:53 PM BST

Where can I get one of these?

You don't really want to know, if you missed that bit a short while ago.

Quote: reds @ June 13 2012, 2:27 PM BST

If you were organising the show, how would you represent your English/Britishness?

A flypast of Harrier jump-jets, which then land in formation in the arena and one pilot hops out with an Olympic torch to light the flame & then they take off again.

But we can't do that any more because we scrapped them.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 13 2012, 11:15 PM BST

Have you read 50 Shades of Gay rwayne?*

*This is my autobiography and designed as a trap.

Next you'll be asking if he likes snails or oysters.

Quote: billwill @ June 14 2012, 1:26 AM BST

A flypast of Harrier jump-jets, which then land in formation in the arena and one pilot hops out with an Olympic torch to light the flame & then they take off again.

But we can't do that any more because we scrapped them.

The United States Marine Corps still flies them and would probably be willing to lend a few.

Semper fi!

Just reading about a landowner who forced travellers off his land but it really pisses me off that travellers can break through gates, then put their own lock on it and have rights. It just seems so wrong and I'm really glad the farmer took it into his own hands to force the travellers off with diggers and not wait weeks/months/years for the authorities to get them off.

Why on earth have travellers got rights to land that aren't theirs?

I don't read The Daily Mail - but it's the only online article I could find. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158840/Dave-Dawson-snapped-threatened-smash-travellers-caravans-BACKED-police.html

Quote: DaButt @ June 14 2012, 5:09 AM BST

The United States Marine Corps still flies them and would probably be willing to lend a few.

Semper fi!

Your marines bought our Harriers for something like 5% of their value

Quote: L.E. @ June 14 2012, 9:31 AM BST

Just reading about a landowner who forced travellers off his land but it really pisses me off that travellers can break through gates, then put their own lock on it and have rights. It just seems so wrong and I'm really glad the farmer took it into his own hands to force the travellers off with diggers and not wait weeks/months/years for the authorities to get them off.

Why on earth have travellers got rights to land that aren't theirs?

I don't read The Daily Mail - but it's the only online article I could find. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158840/Dave-Dawson-snapped-threatened-smash-travellers-caravans-BACKED-police.html

The Daily Mail is being more than a little cheeky.

In Dale Farm the travellers owned the land. But they'd bought it as agricultural and were trying to use it as residential.

This is simple trespass and there would have been few things the travellers could have done about it. The delay would have been the sheer expense of the operation to remove them.

The issue is that squatting is a perfect storm of ancient English rites and laws. Combined with the HRA providing for people having I think a right to shelter.

The additional problems are.

1 By and large squatters live on/in unoccupied land. Rehousing them would cost a fortune.
2 Travellers have got quite expert at making removing them as expensive and difficult as possible.

nb these groups generally are the minority.

https://apps.facebook.com/theguardian/books/booksblog/2012/jun/13/write-or-die-app-writers-block?fb_source=other_multiline&fb_action_types=news.reads

interesting writing tool?

Quote: billwill @ June 14 2012, 1:26 AM BST

That would be great. Or they could light the flame with the jet engine.

And machinegun the Syrian delegation.