British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 878

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 13 2012, 4:43 PM BST

Some women may have never dabbled in the world of erotic fiction ever, so this boringly romantic slush with a kinky twist is just enough to buzz their bean without freaking them out too much altogether. I can totally understand why it has been such a massive seller.

I understand why Justin Beiber is popular. It doesn't make it any less painful.

Quote: Booo @ June 13 2012, 4:46 PM BST

You sound very knowledgeable and experienced.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 13 2012, 4:53 PM BST

Do you have any good links?

Oh, it'd be much too tame for you.

Quote: zooo @ June 13 2012, 4:57 PM BST

Oh, it'd be much too tame for you.

*looks through zooo's Internet history...discovers several photoshopped pictures of Sherlock and Watson in compromising positions...sighs at the fact that women are just as, if not more sad, then men when it comes to having a shandy*

I personally never want to over hear any women ever discussing 50 shades of Grey ever again.

Quote: zooo @ June 13 2012, 4:13 PM BST

All you can do is decide what YOU think is sexist, really. Not worry about what other people think is, because like you say, everyone has a different opinion.

But I fail at the first hurdle, of what to call a female. Some feminists insist on being called 'women', not 'ladies' or 'girls', others find it offensive to be called a 'woman'. Others habitually call themselves 'girls'. Help!

Quote: zooo @ June 13 2012, 4:27 PM BST

What I mean is, if you like reading about something, it doesn't mean you remotely want to try it yourself.

When it comes to erotica, that is. Or indeed books about murderers, rapists, time travellers! Etc.

I think books like 50 shades are just silly escapism.

I'd like to be a time traveller (but I never watch Dr. Who)

Quote: Nogget @ June 13 2012, 9:27 PM BST

But I fail at the first hurdle, of what to call a female. Some feminists insist on being called 'women', not 'ladies' or 'girls', others find it offensive to be called a 'woman'. Others habitually call themselves 'girls'. Help!

There's nothing more ridiculous than middle-aged/elderly women referring to their friends as 'the girls'.

Quote: Nogget @ June 13 2012, 9:27 PM BST

Call anybody what you want to call them confident in the knowledge that if it has an ironic bent that it will be understood. If you don't have that confidence don't attempt it. Remember words are fun.

Quote: Marc P @ June 13 2012, 10:03 PM BST

Call anybody what you want to call them confident in the knowledge that if it has an ironic bent that it will be understood.

Twat.

;) :P :P

Quote: zooo @ June 13 2012, 4:24 PM BST

Nah. It's just a (bad) erotic novel.
Fictional tastes have little to do with real life tastes.

Quote: zooo @ June 13 2012, 4:28 PM BST

I haven't!

Quote: Marc P @ June 13 2012, 10:03 PM BST

Remember words are fun.

Have you actually read rwayne's posts?

Quote: chipolata @ June 13 2012, 10:39 PM BST

Have you actually read rwayne's posts?

How sweet are you?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 10:44 PM BST

Ooooh goody! Some rwayne action!

*settles back in armchair to watch*

Don't 'settle back'... mention something about a jacket again and see if it's actually, physically, possible to bore someone's arse off!

Well.. you should know! Bwaha!

It's good here.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 13 2012, 10:51 PM BST

Well.. you should know! Bwaha!

It's good here.

'You should know'...really???

Would you like to add 'so you say'? or... 'Neh neh na neh neh'?

Fair dig, rwayne. I have not read the book, I have read the opening pages in a shop, and a few extracts on the internet. I felt it was bad enough not to bother with.