British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 850

Indeed; not really sure how they would handle it if he was seriously ill.

:O Methinks he is all kidology, she will de-reign for Charles very soon, you heard it here first ok Pleased

Jubilee coverage: BBC receives over 2,000 complaints http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18337851

"Actor and broadcaster Stephen Fry, called the four-and-a-half hour broadcast "mind-numbingly tedious"."

Am I the only person in posession of a TV remote? No one is forcing you to watch 4 and a half hours of boats...

Quote: Harridan @ June 6 2012, 5:49 PM BST

Am I the only person in posession of a TV remote? No one is forcing you to watch 4 and a half hours of boats...

I'm in total agreement with you Harridan. I'm not really a royalist, but I do live near the Thames, so me and some friends went down to soak up the live atmosphere and bloody good it was too.

To be fair to some of the complainers, when we finally got back and started watching the news channels, BBC's coverage was terrible compared to Sky News.

Quote: dellas @ June 5 2012, 7:11 AM BST

:O Methinks he is all kidology, she will de-reign for Charles very soon, you heard it here first ok Pleased

Extremely unlikely.

As far as is known, she plans to reign until she drops dead, that's the Royal tradition.

She may outlive Charles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18350017

Greek politician smacking people on live TV. Unlike the brawls that seem to occurr quite often in some parliaments this is on a talk show!

HOLY SHIZ, that's not okay!

Quote: Harridan @ June 6 2012, 5:49 PM BST

Jubilee coverage: BBC receives over 2,000 complaints http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18337851

"Actor and broadcaster Stephen Fry, called the four-and-a-half hour broadcast "mind-numbingly tedious"."

What sort of sad twat complains to the BBC about coverage of the sodding queen? Of course it's going to be crap and boring, it's the Queen.

Yeah but Sky had totty on didn't they!

Turning it into a four and a half hour edition of the One Show might not have been the way to to go.

I still maintain the only way they could've really livened it up would be get her Maj to line up all her soldiers and try to knock their busbies off by firing gold-plated ping pong balls out of the royal flange.

Generally it's a non-story. A stick for the anti-BBC brigade to beat the BBC with. Like the Peter Sissons Not Wearing A Tie When The Queen Mother Died story.

Quote: Marc P @ June 7 2012, 12:04 PM BST

Yeah but Sky had totty on didn't they!

BBC had a nice roving asian reporter, although I forget her name.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 6 2012, 6:11 PM BST

I'm not really a royalist, but..

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

We nearly spat our tea out at that one.. as we sat in the office analysing stats.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ June 7 2012, 1:12 PM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

We nearly spat our tea out at that one.. as we sat in the office analysing stats.

Unfortunately Stylee, you seem to have got a bit confused over the differences between being a royalist, tolerating the royals and being anti-royalist.

I tolerate the royal family because they actually do a lot of good for this country in terms of trade, tourism and diplomatic relations.

As mentioned before, ask your staff in the statistical office to look at the popularity figures for Cameron, Milliband and the Queen.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 7 2012, 1:23 PM BST

Unfortunately Stylee, you seem to have got a bit confused over the differences between being a royalist, tolerating the royals and being anti-royalist.

Dear René.. my husband and I are of the opinion that it is you who are confused about your own innate leanings.

I tolerate the royal family because they actually do a lot of good for this country in terms of trade, tourism and diplomatic relations.

Yes, this old urban myth. I presume that you can back up this fable with official stats, gathered by a completely independent body which has not one trace of hidden agenda? You got me there.

As mentioned before, ask your staff in the statistical office to look at the popularity figures for Cameron, Milliband and the Queen.

We shall so do, René, as soon as we've finished looking at the popularity figures for the Sun newspaper, F1 Hybrid marijuana, and Katie Price books.