British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 846

Quote: rwayne @ May 31 2012, 1:36 PM BST

I, genuinely, don't know how anyone could have an actual dislike of a person or people they have not met.

Why not? If someone is genuine in their posts, then you should be able to get to know them easy enough and decide whther you like interacting with them or not.

Quote: rwayne @ May 31 2012, 1:36 PM BST

I have neither a dislike for the BCG nor any person on it. I, genuinely, don't know how anyone could have an actual dislike of a person or people they have not met.

What do you like most about being here?

Lets please discuss the news we've read today rather than get into a silly discussion about who likes who or what on the BCG. We all know you love me, and that everything else pales into insignificance.

To those trying to get others into arguments which you know will end in tears, please just ignore and refrain from doing so. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING/DID LAST SUMMER.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 31 2012, 1:39 PM BST

Why not? If someone is genuine in their posts, then you should be able to get to know them easy enough and decide whther you like interacting with them or not.

There is a very big 'if' in there. Obviously, some comments made aren't genuine and clearly so but all we have to go on is what is written.

I maintain though you can't actually have any depth of knowledge of a person on internet forum posts. Five minutes on a phone with someone would tell you more than 10000 posts would and one meeting more than 10000 phone calls.

There is much more to communicating than any words chosen.

Quote: L.E. @ May 31 2012, 1:49 PM BST

Lets please discuss the news we've read today rather than get into a silly discussion about who likes who or what on the BCG. We all know you love me, and that everything else pales into insignificance.

To those trying to get others into arguments which you know will end in tears, please just ignore and refrain from doing so. I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING/DID LAST SUMMER.

Quote: rwayne @ May 31 2012, 1:49 PM BST

I maintain though you can't actually have any depth of knowledge of a person on internet forum posts. Five minutes on a phone with someone would tell you more than 10000 posts would

I disagree with that strongly. In fact I can't believe someone thinks that! I could believe that you think 5 minutes in person is worth 10,000 posts (although I would still disagree) but 5 minutes on the phone?!?

Anyway, we can agree to disagree!

Now I've said that, let's do what L.E. said.

Quote: zooo @ May 31 2012, 2:03 PM BST

I disagree with that strongly. In fact I can't believe someone thinks that! I could believe that you think 5 minutes in person is worth 10,000 posts (although I would still disagree) but 5 minutes on the phone?!?

Anyway, we can agree to disagree!

Now I've said that, let's do what L.E. said.

That game used to be called 'last tap' when I was a kid.

(last tap, by the way)

I don't get what you mean. :( But let's pretend I do. *taps someone else*

Quote: zooo @ May 31 2012, 2:06 PM BST

I don't get what you mean. :( But let's pretend I do. *taps someone else*

You're too young, lass.

He's saying you don't get to have the last word on the matter Zooo, Personally I think words are a very fine means of communication.

Quote: Marc P @ May 31 2012, 2:08 PM BST

He's saying you don't get to have the last word on the matter Zooo, Personally I think words are a very fine means of communication.

Now YOU are explaining what I mean!?... what was your point about being pompous earlier?

Yes I was explaining to Zoo what you meant Rwayne, like in... oh I don't know a conversation. Did I get something wrong? Did you mean something else?

Quote: Marc P @ May 31 2012, 2:15 PM BST

Yes I was explaining to Zoo what you meant Rwayne, like in... oh I don't know a conversation. Did I get something wrong? Did you mean something else?

Why were you?

Why do you feel like you can answer what I mean better than me?

Isn't that what pompous is?

Not really no Rwayne. Zoo asked a genuine question so I answered it for her. For all I know you were off to prepare this evening's pub quiz. Unless there was some hidden meaning in your post .. it seemed fairly straightforward to me. That's the fun of this forum we can all chip in and have a healthy debate on matters.

And....

Wondered how long. :)

:D