I read the news today oh boy! Page 821

You smell of wee.

Quote: zooo @ May 18 2012, 9:49 PM BST

You smell of wee.

Can I lick it off you?

Is it your birthday?

Sick

Quote: chipolata @ May 18 2012, 9:29 PM BST

Thank God you're not banging on about it relentlessly as well, DaButt. ;)

I bring it up when new information is released. The press is still trying to make this a race issue; I notice that they're still calling Zimmerman a "white Hispanic." I'm still waiting for them to start calling President Obama a white African American.

Quote: DaButt @ May 18 2012, 11:09 PM BST

I bring it up when new information is released. The press is still trying to make this a race issue; I notice that they're still calling Zimmerman a "white Hispanic." I'm still waiting for them to start calling President Obama a white African American.

Isn't Hispanic a racist term?

Like Native American it's not intended to be racist. But because it's a generalising term used by none Hispanics, it can be perceived as being racist.

Good to see Bonio will be making loads of money from the Facebook shares issue.

I'm sure he'll do the right thing with his new found extra wealth.

Being 50% Dutch I will be glad to see him dumping it in the Netherlands banks again.

Quote: DaButt @ May 18 2012, 11:09 PM BST

I bring it up when new information is released. The press is still trying to make this a race issue;

Meh. It's nothing new. Tom Wolfe was writing about this sort of stuff twenty-five years ago in Bonfire of the Vanities.

A central Newfoundland woman, who drove about 40 kilometres with her windshield smashed out and her car's roof peeled back like an opened can, says she didn't know she'd hit a moose until she arrived at work in Gander on Monday.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2012/05/11/nl-moose-memories-511.html

That's some very specific amnesia.

Quote: Chappers @ May 18 2012, 11:15 PM BST

Isn't Hispanic a racist term?

All of my Mexican friends refer to themselves as Hispanic and/or Latino.

I've heard that 'oriental' is a bit of an offensive term in the US, is that true?

Quote: zooo @ May 19 2012, 11:34 AM BST

I've heard that 'oriental' is a bit of an offensive term in the US, is that true?

Yes. Nobody uses that term over here. The catch all term we'd use would be "Asian."

Quote: DaButt @ May 19 2012, 11:38 AM BST

Yes. Nobody uses that term over here. The catch all term we'd use would be "Asian."

We would use Asian to mean people from an Indian background, and those sort of countries.

Never heard Oriental being thought of as offensive in any way. Hm.