British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 796

Finally, some background on George Zimmerman: why he carried a gun and the recent surge in crime in his neighborhood where he was a victim, an eyewitness and a protector.

The best part of the report:

"Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?" the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin.".

Quote: DaButt @ April 26 2012, 1:54 AM BST

Finally, some background on George Zimmerman: why he carried a gun and the recent surge in crime in his neighborhood where he was a victim, an eyewitness and a protector.

"Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?" the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin.".

No idea what you're getting at.

WTF did he think the thing on the right was ? A temperature gauge ?

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/04/26/plumber-rescued-from-flooded-road/

Quote: DaButt @ April 26 2012, 1:54 AM BST

If there was an elephant in the room, no wonder he had a gun.

Really how many? How frequent?

Was this a crime wave deserving of the full on Bronson response..?

Quote: Lazzard @ April 26 2012, 1:36 PM BST

If there was an elephant in the room, no wonder he had a gun.

:D

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 26 2012, 1:13 PM BST

WTF did he think the thing on the right was ? A temperature gauge ?

We have those on our flood-prone roads, too. They were erected in order to be able to charge the "I didn't know it was that deep" idiots the full cost of their rescue by crane, helicopter, etc.

Quote: sootyj @ April 26 2012, 1:37 PM BST

Really how many? How frequent?

Sorry, I could have sworn I'd posted the link to the Reuters investigation.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

These paragraphs answer your question, but read the entire story to learn about the home invasion and burglaries that took place just days before the shooting. I can't believe it took this long for a news organization to conduct a thorough investigation of Zimmerman's history and his neighborhood's history of crime.

By the summer of 2011, Twin Lakes was experiencing a rash of burglaries and break-ins. Previously a family-friendly, first-time homeowner community, it was devastated by the recession that hit the Florida housing market, and transient renters began to occupy some of the 263 town houses in the complex. Vandalism and occasional drug activity were reported, and home values plunged. One resident who bought his home in 2006 for $250,000 said it was worth $80,000 today.

At least eight burglaries were reported within Twin Lakes in the 14 months prior to the Trayvon Martin shooting, according to the Sanford Police Department. Yet in a series of interviews, Twin Lakes residents said dozens of reports of attempted break-ins and would-be burglars casing homes had created an atmosphere of growing fear in the neighborhood.

:)Enjoying these news items today!

Yay for the Arab Spring! Errr

Egyptian husbands will soon be legally allowed to have sex with their dead wives - for up to six hours after their death.

The controversial new law is part of a raft of measures being introduced by the Islamist-dominated parliament.

It will also see the minimum age of marriage lowered to 14 and the ridding of women's rights of getting education and employment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Outrage-Egypt-plans-farewell-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-dead-wives-hours-AFTER-death.html

Nice...

So if an Egyptian fella kills his missus and I shag her whilst she's still warm, would that be adultery?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135575/Cactus-Jack-Puppy-face-cactus-Phoenix.html

Awwww.

Quote: zooo @ April 26 2012, 8:35 PM BST

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135575/Cactus-Jack-Puppy-face-cactus-Phoenix.html

Awwww.

That is ridiculously adorable

Quote: AJGO @ April 26 2012, 8:49 PM BST

That is ridiculously adorable

I've spent many hours removing cactus spines from pets and myself. It's not much fun.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ April 26 2012, 9:19 PM BST

I dunno.. you girlies..

*retch*

Wave

Quote: DaButt @ April 26 2012, 9:24 PM BST

I've spent many hours removing cactus spines from pets and myself. It's not much fun.

D'aw, but look, it's a puppy! With puppy eyes! And a little puppy body!
What with it being a puppy

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ April 26 2012, 9:19 PM BST

I dunno.. you girlies..

*retch*

Re-posted for you :)