British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 434

This is a f**king disgrace. We've got some absolute scum bags in our country.

I want to weep into a lady's bosom

Why not a particularly busty man? Sexist.

Quote: Kenneth @ August 7 2011, 10:25 PM BST

Vehemently disagree. Good can turn bad - or have their gun stolen. The less guns, the better. The loon who unleashed carnage in Norway had firearms permits and no previous criminal record.

Statistically rare, rare, rare examples

The logical continuation is we should ban all cars as they are far more often used in homicides and assaults

I'm not that desperate.

Am really

Domestic disturbances can be a bit scarier in the US of A.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14438221

Quote: sootyj @ August 7 2011, 10:46 PM BST

Statistically rare, rare, rare examples

The logical continuation is we should ban all cars as they are far more often used in homicides and assaults

If a car's primary purpose was to cause death and physical harm then I agree with you.

What an idiotic augument.

Yes but that's assuming the purpose of a gun is to kill.

That's its function.

Societies that trust and educate it's citizens in the operation of firearms are over all less violent.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 7 2011, 10:48 PM BST

Quote: sootyj @ August 7 2011, 10:16 PM BST

Is beyond assinine.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 7 2011, 10:48 PM BST

I agree with you.

Quote: DaButt @ August 7 2011, 10:05 PM BST

I'm legal, licensed and have never been arrested for any crime. He's a known gang member. Good riddance, I say.

Don't say that. Or do if you want to. I guess. You seem like a man wanting to use that gun you like to carry about concealed. But I like your take on beer so keep your weapon concealed and I will buy you a proper brewed ale should we ever meet. I like river Horse from PA/NJ by the way.

Quote: zooo @ August 7 2011, 7:32 PM BST

I know, it is a bit silly.

Laughing out loud

That's not fair Marc, how has he said that?

Quote: sootyj @ August 7 2011, 11:05 PM BST

That's not fair Marc, how has he said that?

What?

He hasn't. Which is why Marc says 'seem' instead of making a definitive statement.

Quote: sootyj @ August 7 2011, 10:46 PM BST

That's just being stupid.

Quote: sootyj @ August 7 2011, 10:52 PM BST

Yes but that's assuming the purpose of a gun is to kill.

Eh?

That he wants to shoot people.

It's a maddeningly skewed, paranoid and cowardly view that anyone with a gun wants to shoot people.

It's more an idea that if a sufficently large number of citizens are willing to be armed and responsible. Then it creates an atmosphere that discorages violence by all but the most desperate.

And you know what it works. The complete rejection of this idea in this country has created such a high degree of random low grade violence.

And yes unusually high for a wealthy, modern democracy.