British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 419

Thanks for the link sootyj, scary stuff indeed. But didn't a radical islam group try to claim credit straight away? Or was that also speculation?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14275271

What a nightmare! :O

Quote: TopBanana @ July 25 2011, 3:01 PM BST

Stupid or not, the poor girl obviously didn't get the right help she needed.

Blake Fielder-Civil= knob.

Yeah such a complete knob.

Why is he the bad guy? I was never that interested in the Winehouse soap opera but it struck me they were very similar, hence the attraction. And if she deserved help, didn't he also deserve it?

I've not exactly kept up with the details, but from what I can gather, every time she tried to get clean, he'd happily help her get back into drugs afterwards every time. Not exactly looking out for her best interests.

Also, it's him that introduced her to hard drugs in the first place.

Quote: zooo @ July 25 2011, 10:09 PM BST

I've not exactly kept up with the details, but from what I can gather, every time she tried to get clean, he'd happily help her get back into drugs afterwards every time. Not exactly looking out for her best interests. Also, it's him that introduced her to hard drugs in the first place.

But if Aaron came home one day with a big bag of cocaine and said, "Let's get off our tits, zooo!" Would you slide into junkiedom? Seems to me she'd have gone down that road anyway, with or without him.

Possibly! Doesn't mean he wasn't at fault too though.

I suppose I just think it odd that people think one addict is more worthy of compassion than another because they wrote pretty good songs.

That's not how I see it. If she'd been the one to get him started on drugs and messing up his rehab every time, then she'd be the arsehole. No matter how talented she was and he wasn't.

Quote: zooo @ July 25 2011, 10:56 PM BST

That's not how I see it. If she'd been the one to get him started on drugs and messing up his rehab every time, then she'd be the arsehole. No matter how talented she was and he wasn't.

Sometimes my big caring heart is a curse, zooo! ;) (Although that's a nice tidy tabloid narrative you've laid out there, I just wonder if it's 100 percent accurate)

IT WAS IN THE PAPERS OF COURSE IT'S BLOODY TRUUUE.

Quote: chipolata @ July 25 2011, 10:05 PM BST

Why is he the bad guy? I was never that interested in the Winehouse soap opera but it struck me they were very similar, hence the attraction. And if she deserved help, didn't he also deserve it?

He was an enabler or a gregarious addict. It's kinda a pathetic cum tragic thing to be.

But she had no addiction problem before meeting him, perhaps a potential no more.

It's a pretty classic pattern of behaviour. Hook onto your meal ticket, get them addicted, have fun.

And you don't get a 36 month sentence for being a little naughty.

I'm sure she was foolish, selfish and willful in her own way. So are you Chip, your lucky your addiction is just to making pseudo controversial posts and winding people up.

Quote: sootyj @ July 25 2011, 11:12 PM BST

He was an enabler or a gregarious addict. It's kinda a pathetic cum tragic thing to be. But she had no addiction problem before meeting him, perhaps a potential no more. It's a pretty classic pattern of behaviour. Hook onto your meal ticket, get them addicted, have fun. And you don't get a 36 month sentence for being a little naughty. I'm sure she was foolish, selfish and willful in her own way. So are you Chip, your lucky your addiction is just to making pseudo controversial posts and winding people up.

Another pot shot at me, sooty? Not least because you know as little about the true Winehouse-Blake thing as everybody else in the country. I just think it might be more complex than the average tabloid reader might think.

I know as much as anyone who trawled through the difering articles.

And some things just stick out.

e.g. before Blake she'd had no issues with addiction.

And yes it's a pretty common place parasitic enabler relationship.

Or maybe it's just sad a talented young person died who had a lot more to give.