British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 375

If they don't use the free bus pass does it still cost anything?

Quote: sootyj @ May 19 2011, 2:52 PM BST

And if you lost your job tomorrow you should sell your house before the state even started to offer any help?

You're out of your mind if you think that people with hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank are so needy that they need the taxpayers to pay for their food. Any sane taxpayer would realize in about 2 seconds that this loophole should be closed. It almost certainly will be and then Mr. Cheapskate can pay for his own damn groceries and the money saved can go to the truly needy.

Quote: DaButt @ May 19 2011, 3:27 PM BST

and the money saved can go to the truly needy.

Ahhhh... you mean the former bosses of Enron and Lehmann Brothers?

Quote: zooo @ May 19 2011, 3:09 PM BST

If they don't use the free bus pass does it still cost anything?

Not sure how it operates but there was a case in the papers here last week about a bus firm that has started charging people with bus passes a small fee. They say they're withdrawing from the scheme because the Scottish Government owes them money. But the Scottish Governement says the firm has already taken a massive amount of money which they weren't due. This made me wonder if each bus company maybe has to keep records of the number of passengers and reclaim on that basis, but I don't know.

I went up to Derby last Sunday and was overjoyed to find out that they accepted my Centro old persons pass on their buses as well.

Up the Twirlies !

:D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-13455068

Breaking. More to come later. Who gets the ultimate blame? The council for making the cuts or the Coalition for letting Eric Pickles eat all the money?
If there is no more cash forthcoming, what now will be cut instead?

Hoorah f**k you Birmingham council.

Sorry but their proposed cuts were not only illegal and imoral, but they were going to cause untold misery to some of the most vulnerable people.

A 15 hour journey they should have shot her.

Mind you being dumped in Salem may be a fate worse than death.

Witch trials or Vampires?

They really like the name Salem don't they?

Quote: Griff @ May 19 2011, 8:41 PM BST

Massachusetts and Maine respectively I believe. This was Oregon.

I've never heard of Salem, Maine.

great name for a sailing academy

Or dollar/pound store.

It is indeed

Wrestler Randy "Macho Man" Savage dead at 58 after suffering a heart attack behind the wheel of his Jeep:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/20/randy-savage-car-accident-macho-man-dead-dies-died-killed-wwe-wrestler-florida/