British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 339

18 black men and boys allegedly rape an 11-year-old hispanic girl in Cleveland, Texas. Horrendous if true.
Has this been reported much in your area of Texas, DaButt? What's the latest news? Is there a racial element to this, as in do blacks and Hispanics not get along in TX? It'd be interesting to hear a Texan's view on this story.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gang-rape-charges-18-men-sparks-racial-tensions/story?id=13095476&page=1

:O :(

Quote: Lee Henman @ March 11 2011, 1:29 AM GMT

18 black men and boys allegedly rape an 11-year-old hispanic girl in Cleveland, Texas. Horrendous if true.
Has this been reported much in your area of Texas, DaButt? What's the latest news? Is there a racial element to this, as in do blacks and Hispanics not get along in TX? It'd be interesting to hear a Texan's view on this story.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gang-rape-charges-18-men-sparks-racial-tensions/story?id=13095476&page=1

Yes, it's been widely reported and I have no reason to doubt that the rapes occurred because there is apparently video evidence to prove it. That said, here are my comments:

1) First of all, this has absolutely nothing to do with Texas. Racism and the occasional gang rape take place in every state of the union. I've seen biracial couples walk hand-in-hand down the streets of the deep south and I've heard racial epithets hurled in ultra-liberal San Francisco.

2) Yes, there is a certain amount of racial tension between African-Americans and Hispanics. That said, there is a certain amount of tension between all the other ethnic groups as well. It typically boils down to one group looking down on a group that's been here a shorter time that looks down on a group that's been here a shorter time, etc. It's not like it's hostility across the board, but extreme incidents like this are going to polarize communities. I'm sure the same thing would happen in the UK if a similar incident occurred.

3) I doubt there was a racial motive behind this. Some thugs decided to assault a helpless girl and then they called their friends to join in. The victim could have been Mexican or black or white and it still would have happened.

4) Political correctness hasn't done much to help race relations in this country. I guess there will always be a small number of hardcore racists in every ethnic group but most people are merely perturbed or disturbed by certain problems exhibited by a percentage of a specific group. Whites are appalled by the thug mentality and brutality that exists in some of the black community. Blacks are angry when whites treat them with apprehension upon first sight. Longtime Mexican-Americans look down on poorly mannered recent immigrants from Mexico.

Saying anything like the above will only get you in hot water so most people will only speak about it privately to avoid being labeled a racist. I'm outnumbered almost 2:1 by Hispanics but I still have to watch what I say because I was born a white male.

5) Hopefully the rapists will rot in jail for the rest of their lives, the victim will recover and the shit-stirrers who are trying to make this a racial battleground (like the Black Panther) won't get their way and the communities will continue to coexist as peacefully as possible.

Earthquake and tsunami in Japan. OMG, there's no way of surviving that.

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 11 2011, 11:17 AM GMT

You'll survive it Angiebaby if you live in England.

*puts head out window*

*gives the all-clear*

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 11 2011, 11:23 AM GMT

*gives the all-clear*

LOOK OUT THE BACK!

Looks like Gadaffi is winning whilst UN, EU and NATO sit around pulling their plonkers.

World peace should not depend on the Chinese desire to swop shitty knock off routemasters in exchange for tyrant's oil. Or the Russian foreign of acting like a beligerent drunk buying sordid friends.

If the aftermath of the war in Libya is 1000s of people vanishing into Libya's secret dungeons. Then democracy really has lost.

Not every intervention has to be Iraq.

Quote: Lee Henman @ March 11 2011, 1:29 AM GMT

So sad :( Horrible horrible men.

Quote: AngieBaby @ March 11 2011, 11:17 AM GMT

I can't imagine how terrified the poor people must be.

There is a LOT of bad shit happening at the moment. I really hope it's not the beginning of the Rapture.

Quote: sootyj @ March 11 2011, 12:21 PM GMT

Looks like Gadaffi is winning whilst UN, EU and NATO sit around pulling their plonkers.

Not every intervention has to be Iraq.

This!

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 11 2011, 1:00 PM GMT

There is a LOT of bad shit happening at the moment. I really hope it's not the beginning of the Rapture.

Now you mention it I did see 4 horsemen in the back garden.

Quote: DaButt @ March 11 2011, 3:28 AM GMT

Yes, it's been widely reported and I have no reason to doubt that the rapes occurred because there is apparently video evidence to prove it. That said, here are my comments:

1) First of all, this has absolutely nothing to do with Texas. Racism and the occasional gang rape take place in every state of the union. I've seen biracial couples walk hand-in-hand down the streets of the deep south and I've heard racial epithets hurled in ultra-liberal San Francisco.

2) Yes, there is a certain amount of racial tension between African-Americans and Hispanics. That said, there is a certain amount of tension between all the other ethnic groups as well. It typically boils down to one group looking down on a group that's been here a shorter time that looks down on a group that's been here a shorter time, etc. It's not like it's hostility across the board, but extreme incidents like this are going to polarize communities. I'm sure the same thing would happen in the UK if a similar incident occurred.

3) I doubt there was a racial motive behind this. Some thugs decided to assault a helpless girl and then they called their friends to join in. The victim could have been Mexican or black or white and it still would have happened.

4) Political correctness hasn't done much to help race relations in this country. I guess there will always be a small number of hardcore racists in every ethnic group but most people are merely perturbed or disturbed by certain problems exhibited by a percentage of a specific group. Whites are appalled by the thug mentality and brutality that exists in some of the black community. Blacks are angry when whites treat them with apprehension upon first sight. Longtime Mexican-Americans look down on poorly mannered recent immigrants from Mexico.

Saying anything like the above will only get you in hot water so most people will only speak about it privately to avoid being labeled a racist. I'm outnumbered almost 2:1 by Hispanics but I still have to watch what I say because I was born a white male.

5) Hopefully the rapists will rot in jail for the rest of their lives, the victim will recover and the shit-stirrers who are trying to make this a racial battleground (like the Black Panther) won't get their way and the communities will continue to coexist as peacefully as possible.

Cheers ior that DaButt - always nice to hear the man on the street's view instead of the media.

Jesus Christ, the tsunami footage on the front page of BBC news is terrifying. Look like a disaster movie. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

Update: Oh this isn't looking good - just reading some posts from a seismologist who's talking about Yellowstone making unusual rumblings in the past few hours. Let's hope that big bastard stays asleep or we're all screwed.

Quote: Lee Henman @ March 11 2011, 1:40 PM GMT

Update: Oh this isn't looking good - just reading some posts from a seismologist who's talking about Yellowstone making unusual rumblings in the past few hours. Let's hope that big bastard stays asleep or we're all screwed.

Maybe it was just Yogi Bear farting Lee.

Quote: Nigel Kelly @ March 11 2011, 1:41 PM GMT

Maybe it was just Yogi Bear farting Lee.

IT would have to be bigger than the average fart, Nigel ;)

Why is Godzilla trending? :(