British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,847

Quote: stonecoldsteveaustin @ 18th September 2024, 5:10 AM

Train drivers are more important than pensioners.
They take people to work,take stock and customers to shops.
Keeping the wheels of commerce turning.
Pensioners just clog up the NHS and buy not very much .

A Pensioner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4gegy4r9ndo

Train drivers dispute resolved today

Labour getting Britain working again

Unlike the tories...

John Major excoriating on Brexit in his interview with Amol Rajan today

"It's made our country weaker, poorer."

Meanwhile this idiot wants to run the country...

"I grew up in a middle class family.. But I became working class when I was working in McDonalds"

- Conservative party leadership candidate Kemi Badenoch

Wtf are you babbling on about

P.s. pedantic police - this is not misogynistic, that she is female is irrelevant- its because she says mind bogglingly stupid things like this

If you work at Mothercare, do you become pregnant?

I once ate a vol au vent at a wedding

That day , I truly was middle class

P.s. it was f**king disgusting 🤮

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th September 2024, 4:41 PM

Meanwhile this idiot wants to run the country...

"I grew up in a middle class family.. But I became working class when I was working in McDonalds"

- Conservative party leadership candidate Kemi Badenoch

Wtf are you babbling on about

P.s. pedantic police - this is not misogynistic, that she is female is irrelevant- its because she says mind bogglingly stupid things like this

Well according to Chris Hallam there is only black and white so you are being misogynistic.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th September 2024, 5:37 PM

Well according to Chris Hallam there is only black and white so you are being misogynistic.

You've not really got the hang of this yet, have you?

Quote: Chappers @ 18th September 2024, 5:37 PM

Racist

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th September 2024, 4:41 PM

this is not misogynistic, that she is female is irrelevant- its because she says mind bogglingly stupid things like this

That sounds remarkably like:

'The Guardian reports that Frank Hester made the remarks about the then-shadow home secretary during a 2019 meeting. Mr Hester, who runs a health tech firm and gave the Tories £10m last year, admitted making "rude" comments about her.

But he said his remarks "had nothing to do with her gender nor colour of skin".'

Quite possible. I don't know what Frank Hester said in the first place, so can't comment on that. But certainly nothing wrong with attacking KB politically in itself (or any woman, be they right or left wing). Especially as in Badenoch's case, she does generally seem to be completely awful.

I'm a woman so I can definitively say Kemi's a fecking idiot.

She has an impressive name though. Olukemi Olufunto Adegoke Badenoch.
I bet her teacher was sweating at register time.

So that's the train drivers now on an extra £9000 a year, taking some of them up to £70k + back dated with extra pension benefits, and the Junior, sorry, Resident Doctors accepting BUT according the Beeb - "Junior doctors want more despite backing pay deal"

It will give me a warm glow this Christmas to know they are happy with their lot, as I wonder along with thousands of others whether to heat or eat - I think I'll opt for turkey feet and chips this year

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th September 2024, 8:30 PM

That sounds remarkably like:

'The Guardian reports that Frank Hester made the remarks about the then-shadow home secretary during a 2019 meeting. Mr Hester, who runs a health tech firm and gave the Tories £10m last year, admitted making "rude" comments about her.

But he said his remarks "had nothing to do with her gender nor colour of skin".'

"The Conservative party's biggest donor told colleagues that looking at Diane Abbott makes you "want to hate all black women"

Colour "black"
Gender "women"

Hester - racist c*nt

I believe in déjà vu. This morning I read, 'Another f**king transport f**king strike in Rome,' and I thought, I'm sure this has happened before...

I've sent an email to 2Tier to see if he can get me any tickets for next years FA cup final. He must have some spare from the £35 grands worth he keeps getting for nowt. If not, a pair of specs will do so I can watch it on the telly. He's bound to have some he hasn't declared yet.