British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,846

Is that her new clobber somebody paid for?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th September 2024, 6:02 PM

"misogyny" and "sexism". . . Neither, of course, can it be construed as misogyny or sexism if what is said is true

Oh, Billy! Remarks about women can be misogynistic even if they are true. The truth of a statement doesn't affect its potential to demean, degrade or belittle women.

Caught the news this morning about Trump - there were FOURTEEN vehicles whisking him away, including a fire engine..............

Oh dear, talk about OTT - those Yanks do make me laugh 🤪🤣😂

Perked me up for the day ☺️

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th September 2024, 10:52 AM

Is that her new clobber somebody paid for?

Be fair. You can't expect a millionaire to pay for own clothes.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th September 2024, 9:09 AM

Caught the news this morning about Trump - there were FOURTEEN vehicles whisking him away, including a fire engine..............

Oh dear, talk about OTT - those Yanks do make me laugh 🤪🤣😂

Perked me up for the day ☺️

Third time lucky?

So, not many political comments lately.
A new government in power with a landslide victory and it's all quiet on the western front.
Surely they must have been up to things to make Britain great again - like they promised.

The government has brought an end to strikes by junior doctors at last

The last government gave them a clap for all their efforts

This government has awarded them a decent , well deserved pay rise for their efforts

Thank goodness the tories gross incompetence in running our NHS and their appalling treatment of its staff is finally over

Nice. Where did they get the money from? I heard the train drivers got 10 grand too. It must have been tough to balance the books.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th September 2024, 8:49 PM

Nice. Where did they get the money from? I heard the train drivers got 10 grand too. It must have been tough to balance the books.

From the Pensioners! Where else stupid?

Any fool can bring an end to conflict by giving the other party what they want. That's not leadership or government; that's abdication of responsibility. What happened to that black hole that so urgently needed addressing that he was so keen to tell everyone about?

It's a secret. And he's not telling, so there.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th September 2024, 8:57 AM

Any fool can bring an end to conflict by giving the other party what they want. That's not leadership or government; that's abdication of responsibility. What happened to that black hole that so urgently needed addressing that he was so keen to tell everyone about?

Or perhaps they though the doctors deserved paying.

And the train drivers?
Some are getting the back pay even though they left a long time ago. That'll pay for a few sacks of coal when it gets nippy in winter.

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th September 2024, 10:28 AM

Or perhaps they though the doctors deserved paying.

Maybe. But that's not the point is it? If everyone got what they deserved, half the BBC staff would be on benefits, professional footballers would be running pubs when they retire to eke out a living and pensioners would be able to keep warm in the winter. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The point is where the money for these inflation-busting increases came from to please his union masters when there's this supposed black hole in the finances.

And once one group of workers have secured 22% so will the next group. And so it will go on, inflation will go through the roof and everyone will be back where they started. Except the very poorest and the unrepresented who will be even worse off. 22% of very little is still very little. Especially in times of rocketing inflation.

This has been the Tory argument for underpaying workers for decades.

Train drivers are more important than pensioners.
They take people to work,take stock and customers to shops.
Keeping the wheels of commerce turning.
Pensioners just clog up the NHS and buy not very much .

A Pensioner.