British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,845

You are sexist more often. I can't police everything on here.

I have criticised Liz Truss on many occasions as she is an utterly, utterly appalling politician who in the few weeks she managed to run the country she virtually ran the British economy over a cliff - and now blames everybody and everything else

The fact she is female is 100% irrelevant to me

It's because she's a bloody idiot

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 14th September 2024, 11:14 AM

You are sexist more often. I can't police everything on here.

What's the threshold?
Bunter and I need to know where we are at.

[

The only bit BB quoted which was sexist really was the witch bit which nobody actually said anyway. Can you not see that likening a woman you politically disagree with to a sex doll is sexist?

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 14th September 2024, 9:46 AM

Obviously, we are all free to criticise any public figure we like. Male or female. Left or right. The difference is the specifically sexist language you use.

Blimey you are a right on woke!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 14th September 2024, 12:53 PM

The only bit BB quoted which was sexist really was the witch bit which nobody actually said anyway. Can you not see that likening a woman you politically disagree with to a sex doll is sexist?

No because we'd probably say the same for someone like Peter Andre.

Sex doll? Where's your mind going?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th September 2024, 2:53 PM

Sex doll? Where's your mind going?

I think it was the words "blow-up doll" that must have confused him.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 14th September 2024, 12:53 PM

The only bit BB quoted which was sexist really was the witch bit which nobody actually said anyway.

Nobody actually said "Ding Dong the witch is dead"? Really?

So "witch" is sexist but "bitch" isn't. Strange distinction.

In any case, as I say, you've really misunderstood the definition of "misogyny" and "sexism". These both involve the hatred/abuse/belittling of women (plural) in general. Not a comment about just one woman. Neither, of course, can it be construed as misogyny or sexism if what is said is true (whether they like it or not).

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th September 2024, 6:02 PM

Nobody actually said "Ding Dong the witch is dead"? Really?

So "witch" is sexist but "bitch" isn't. Strange distinction.

In any case, as I say, you've really misunderstood the definition of "misogyny" and "sexism". These both involve the hatred/abuse/belittling of women (plural) in general. Not a comment about just one woman. Neither, of course, can it be construed as misogyny or sexism if what is said is true (whether they like it or not).

Nobody on here had said,"Ding Dong the witch is dead" recently, no. Not sure why you put it really. What point were you trying to make? If I'd said it, you could have said I was being hypocritical. But I didn't. So um...?
SG has made plenty of sexist remarks before, as discussed.
And yes, funnily enough, it is perfectly possible to make a sexist remark about just one person. I expect there are a few examples of this in Are You Being Served?

Little man it's time you gave up.
It was a joke - and quite funny but just a joke.
Stop being offended on behalf of someone else.
You had a little cry about 'leftard too. Are you sure forums are for you?

Juvenile bullying.

Well I'm not even sure Vorderman would take offence at that, she doesn't strike me as a humourless type. Not all women cry 'sexist!' at smutty jokes.

In proper news, Starmer is looking at sending our migrants to Albania instead of Rwanda in a familiar U turn. It looks like Germany sending their migrants to Rwanda, courtesy of the British tax payer, has convinced Starmer that he won't be seen as the only racist immigrant expeller in Europe now, so it's okay to be one.

He's letting out prisoners to offend again and to be thrown back in jail. What's he going to do then? Let the twitter and facebook criminals out to post nasty things again. It's a vicious circle.

...and the hospitals will be full up with elderly & disabled people suffering from the cold.

Meanwhile, he's off to the races: