British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,844

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th September 2024, 3:06 PM

Leftards motto;
'Free speech is ok as long as I agree with it.

That's your motto too, since you pretty much insult everyone who has a different opinion to you. And leftards? How about just discussing issues without this silly and petty name calling.

Quote: chipolata @ 12th September 2024, 3:10 PM

That's your motto too, since you pretty much insult everyone who has a different opinion to you. And leftards? How about just discussing issues without this silly and petty name calling.

Exactly. Not a free speech issue so much as a SG hating women issue.
'Leftard' is a horrible term to use too.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 12th September 2024, 3:06 PM

Leftards motto;
'Free speech is ok as long as I agree with it.

How's that 'neutrality' going SG?

Who are we missing? Not sure if I have offended everyone I meant to.

Not sure you're offending anyone.
Just confirming our suspicions.
😁

If I was perched on a bridge contemplating suicide- one thing absolutely guaranteed to make me jump is if John Bon f**kin Jovi turned up to help

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 12th September 2024, 1:41 PM

Nothing far left about highlighting misogyny.

Just because he criticised Vorderman does that prove he's a misogynist? Of course not. Don't generalise.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 12th September 2024, 2:13 PM

Likening her to a blow-up doll is a bit of a giveaway. That and the fact that SG has a history of criticising women in this way. E.g. Angela Rayner.

You do tend to have a way to jump to the wrong conclusion.

Carol was an attractive woman until she started overdoing everything and now she DOES look like a blow up doll.

Great boobs though let's be fair

Quote: Chappers @ 13th September 2024, 8:22 PM

Just because he criticised Vorderman does that prove he's a misogynist? Of course not. Don't generalise.

You do tend to have a way to jump to the wrong conclusion.

Carol was an attractive woman until she started overdoing everything and now she DOES look like a blow up doll.

Wow! Nothing sexist at all there clearly. FGS...

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 14th September 2024, 6:55 AM

Wow! Nothing sexist at all there clearly. FGS...

I thought we'd agreed that what's good for the goose is good for the gander (and, no, that's not meant to be a sexist analogy):

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th September 2024, 2:37 PM

Ok, thanks. So...

"Ding Dong the Witch is Dead"

or, for example,

"Liz truss shows her vacuously gormless face in public"

and

"a vile heartless bitch"

are all ok are they? Just as long as I know for the future, should I feel the need to comment about the dubious policies of Rachel Reeves, Yvette Cooper or Angela Rayner.

As I said - free speech is ok as long as they concur with it, or, one of theirs says it.
I liked the term Alf used 'the excitable one.

Obviously, we are all free to criticise any public figure we like. Male or female. Left or right. The difference is the specifically sexist language you use.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 14th September 2024, 9:46 AM

Obviously, we are all free to criticise any public figure we like. Male or female. Left or right. The difference is the specifically sexist language you use.

So "witch", "bitch" and "vacuously gormless face" are not sexist remarks and are fair criticisms? I think perhaps you've misunderstood the definition of "misogyny" and "sexism".

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th September 2024, 10:27 AM

So "witch", "bitch" and "vacuously gormless face" are not sexist remarks and are fair criticisms? I think perhaps you've misunderstood the definition of "misogyny" and "sexism".

I've never said any of those things.

You didn't criticise them either. Why?