British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,841

Quote: Lazzard @ 3rd September 2024, 11:41 AM

'Phobia' is the wrong suffix - always has been.
Homophobia - its first incarnation - was coined way back to describe 'why' people were anti-gay - and was put down to a fear or repulsion of homosexuality - which is what homophobic originally meant.
But meanings change - and I think most of us know what Islamophobic means now.
Even Lee Anderson.

"When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.'

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd September 2024, 12:21 PM

"When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less.'

You're repeating yourself, BB.
Not a good sign.

Starmer called Sunak 'Prime Minister today. Too funny.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th September 2024, 2:40 PM

Starmer called Sunak 'Prime Minister today. Too funny.

I noticed earlier he was losing the plot

Yep hysterical

Only one of them is actually the Prime Minister luckily - and it's not Sunak

The Grenfell report is out today

And it reminds me of the sort of buffoon who used to run the country when in the aftermath Rees Mogg basically said the victims should have just used some common sense

Thank f**k those days are behind us....

And his constituents showed some common sense and voted the smug prat out of his seat

Yeah but it's like calling your teacher 'mum.
No need to get cross and rant about others.

And there's talk now of taking away our train passes and Council Tax discounts for single occupiers. Oh I love how Labour is trying to kill off pensioners.

Pity it had to take 7 tears , but it looks like the Grenfell Enquiry is going to have some serious repercussions for those involved.
If you needed a symbol of everything that's wrong with this country, you could do a lot worse than that tower in flames.

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th September 2024, 5:23 PM

Pity it had to take 7 tears , but it looks like the Grenfell Enquiry is going to have some serious repercussions for those involved.
If you needed a symbol of everything that's wrong with this country, you could do a lot worse than that tower in flames.

Just bung a load of working class people in a shitty death trap tower block , cut costs on safety so it's a ticking time bomb fire trap , then when this greed leads to dozens of people burning to death - lie and lie and lie and try to cover it up

Jail is too good for the c**ts responsible for this

"LONDON (AP) -- The bosses of water companies that pollute waterways could go to prison under a new law the British government says will help clean up the country's sewage-clogged rivers, lakes and beaches."

The tories made these people multi millionaires and they poured shit into our waters

Labour on the other hand will jail these mother f**kers - if they continue to let shit pour into our waters

That's the difference

Michel Barnier to become new French PM.
Could prove interesting when it comes to our relationship with the EU.

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th September 2024, 5:23 PM

The whole thing is an utter disgrace, and now it's going to take another year and a half to "sort it out" WHY!?!?!? I expect it's so the lawyers can make as money out of an enquiry as then can, the bloody leeches.

"Kemi Badenoch called for rich pensioners to be stripped of winter fuel payments at her Tory leadership campaign launch two years ago, despite recently criticising the Government's cuts to the benefit.

Mrs Badenoch, the Tory shadow communities secretary - who is running for the leadership again this year - argued in 2022 that the benefit should be "means-tested".

She has criticised Sir Keir Starmer, the Prime Minister, over the decision to limit the allowance to those receiving pension credit, accusing Labour of being "dishonest with the British public".

A source from a rival Tory leadership campaign warned that Mrs Badenoch's historic comments would weaken one of the Conservatives' best attack lines against the Government, saying: "This is terrible. Labour's decision to cut the winter fuel payment was our one effective attack on Labour. They'll seize on these comments."

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th September 2024, 10:59 PM

Just bung a load of working class people in a shitty death trap tower block , cut costs on safety so it's a ticking time bomb fire trap , then when this greed leads to dozens of people burning to death - lie and lie and lie and try to cover it up

Jail is too good for the c**ts responsible for this

I blame Sadiq Khan.

Quote: Lazzard @ 5th September 2024, 12:57 PM

Michel Barnier to become new French PM.
Could prove interesting when it comes to our relationship with the EU.

Who cares?

"A man who stoked a fire outside a hotel housing more than 200 asylum seekers has been jailed for nine years - the longest sentence passed to date after widespread violence erupted across the UK last month."

Lol

Enjoy shitting in a plastic bucket in a tiny cell for the next decade you f**kin retard