British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,837

And we will "level up" in the North

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th August 2024, 7:44 AM

............... worser.

Oi! I've copyrighted that new word I invented, in my rewrite of Labour's old mantra of 🎶"Things can only get worser, and I'll tax you and you and you"🎵 Just got to get Brian Cox to agree to me re-release.

Turns out Warren Gilchrest who used to be in Britain First who is now serving time for rioting in Manchester like a brainless prick, has dozens of previous convictions, including sexual offences against children under the age of 13.

Another patriot sadly locked away by 2 tier Keir

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th August 2024, 1:15 PM

Turns out Warren Gilchrest who used to be in Britain First who is now serving time for rioting in Manchester like a brainless prick, has dozens of previous convictions, including sexual offences against children under the age of 13.

Another patriot sadly locked away by 2 tier Keir

Again...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd August 2024, 1:13 PM

rioters; hooligans; thugs; criminals. Not far-right protestors.

He was a former member of Britain First.
Many of those arrested have, it turns out, links to various far-right groups.

But which came first - the chicken or the egg?

What's your point?

It's probably been asked before but why weren't the BLM rioters labelled 'far left' in 2020 then? And why aren't the pro Palestine, anti Israel groups deemed 'far left' in the media? This is a highly biased demonization of some who almost certainly share the same views on immigration and overcrowding, as the majority of people in Britain. Not all have been members of 'far right' groups.

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th August 2024, 1:38 PM

He was a former member of Britain First.
Many of those arrested have, it turns out, links to various far-right groups.

And many of these far right slime are/have links to convicted nonces....

For all its talk of Muslim paedophiles, the EDL was a hotbed of sex offenders. Since its formation, there have been at least 20 members and supporters convicted of child sexual exploitation offences. At least 10 of these were active in the EDL while Lennon was still leading it, and we are yet to find a single condemnation from Lennon.

Each of the following cases are perpetrators who were active in the EDL while Lennon was still leader:

Perhaps the most shocking case is that of Robert Ewing, who murdered the schoolgirl Paige Chivers after developing an "inappropriate sexual interest" in her.[iii] He was later prosecuted for abusing two other children in the 1990s.[iv] It later emerged that in 2013, Ewing wrote on Facebook, "Iv taken an interest in the EDL and iv attended a couple of demo's."

Leigh Mcmillan, a senior EDL figure during Lennon's time as leader who was active in the Lee Rigby campaign, was sentenced to 17 years after abusing a 10 year-old schoolgirl 100 times in the mid-1990s.[vi]

In 2010, the EDL supporter Brett Moses was given a 12-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, after he plead guilty to sexual grooming.[vii]

In 2011 John Broomfield, an active EDL supporter, admitted 20 counts of making indecent images of children. After his arrest alongside six others for conspiracy to cause an explosion - charges that were later dropped - the police found 236 indecent images depicting children and babies on his computers.[viii]

Also in 2011, Michael Coates was charged with a series of sex offences, including two attempted rapes. At the time he was active in the EDL splinter group the North West Infidels (NWI). Their leader, John Shaw, confirmed he had been active in the EDL previously, writing: "He like the rest of us was edl first then NWI."[ix]

In 2011, a gang of racists attacked Redbridge Islamic Centre. During the attack they hurled racist abuse at those inside, including repeatedly shouting "EDL". Later it emerged that Elliot Jones, one of the attackers on that day, was convicted of trying to incite a child into sexual activity.

Mark "Archie" Sleman was an EDL supporter active in London and Exeter and was known for running the Church of the Templars, which was mainly made up of EDL members. It transpired that he had been imprisoned for nine years in 1994 for the kidnap and rape of a ten-year-old girl.[xi]

In 2012 the well-known EDL member and regular demonstration attender Matthew Woodward was charged with possession of images of children as young as ten years old, and a video recording of another child.[xii]

Michael Kinnear was active in the EDL and is known to have attended a demonstration in July 2013 at which Lennon spoke.[xiii] In 2015 he was jailed after police found images on his mobile of a primary school aged girl "performing a type of striptease" and in state of undress.[xiv]

Paul Whiteside was given a 10-month jail sentence suspended for two years with a rehabilitation activity requirement of up to 30 days as well as an 18-month restraining order banning him from contacting the girl and a 10-year sexual harm prevention order.
Since Lennon left the EDL in 2013, the group continued to attract support from child abusers and sex offenders, such as Bradley Daniel Alford,[xv] Alan Boulter,[xvi] Pete Gillett,[xvii] Luke Atkinson,[xviii] Dean Chambers,[xix] Bruce Cordwell,[xx] and Paul Whiteside amongst numerous others. Again, we can find no condemnations of these offenders from Lennon.

More recently, Lennon once again found himself allied with a sex offender. In June 2017, he shared a stage with William Charlton at a rally in Sunderland at an event where the sexual abuse of children was the key theme of the speeches. Lennon praised Charlton, saying ""I wouldn't have heard of this campaign if it wasn't for Billy," adding "That battle has to be fought through every avenue."[xxi] It later transpired that Charlton was found guilty of distributing an indecent photograph of a child.[xxii]

Patriotic perverts

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th August 2024, 2:16 PM

It's probably been asked before but why weren't the BLM rioters labelled 'far left' in 2020 then? And why aren't the pro Palestine, anti Israel groups deemed 'far left' in the media? This is a highly biased demonization of those who almost certainly share the same views on immigration and overcrowding, as the majority of people in Britain.

I think BLM protesters were called far-left by a lot of commentators.
And Pro Palestine peace marchers were de facto of the left as they opposed the hard-right Netanyahu government.
The rioters demonised themselves through their actions.

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th August 2024, 2:11 PM

What's your point?

My point is that, almost certainly, they were hooligans, thugs, criminals long before they joined any particular organisation. Probably since adolescence.

They probably joined an organisation that they thought it would provide an opportunity to continue with their hooliganism, thuggery and criminality. Not due to any political ideology. As far as I am aware, the committing of "sexual offences against children under the age of 13" is not a policy of the "far-right"

And what about the other 890 arrested? You printing off their histories now?

While you're at it why don't you reel off all the many more counter protesters who've belonged to banned far left terrorist groups?

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th August 2024, 2:28 PM

The rioters demonised themselves through their actions.

I agree, and so did the BLM rioters and the 2011 rioters and 1981 rioters. Although I still don't recall seeing the labelling of 'far left' rioters being plastered on every major news and media website or heard it being said by every news reporter for them, as the term 'far right' now is for those particular rioters.

Guys, if you want to defend the rioters, you are at liberty to do so (you'll be in pretty poor company, but that's your lookout)
Just don't claim there weren't strong far-right elements attending and, more importantly, orchestrating them.
And Billy, I'm pretty sure on Kristalnacht many of those going on the rampage were not au fait with the details of Mein Kampf, Lebenraum - even less so the Final Solution - but they were nonetheless doing the far-right's work.
'Twas ever thus.

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th August 2024, 2:48 PM

Guys, if you want to defend the rioters, you are at liberty to do so (you'll be in pretty poor company, but that's your lookout)
Just don't claim there weren't strong far-right elements attending and, more importantly, orchestrating them.
And Billy, I'm pretty sure on Kristalnacht many of those going on the rampage were not au fait with the details of Mein Kampf, Lebenraum - even less so the Final Solution - but they were nonetheless doing the far-right's work.
'Twas ever thus.

Ah, doing the far right's work. That's an entirely different matter from the individuals being far-right themselves.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th August 2024, 2:53 PM

Ah, doing the far right's work. That's an entirely different matter from the individuals being far-right themselves.

But, as has been repeatedly stated, many of them were.
"Concerned citizens" don't drag people out of cars shouting "Kill them! Kill them!".