British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,816

Quote: Lazzard @ 5th August 2024, 1:57 PM

The Conservatives had a majority.
The record levels of immigration were approved and sanctioned by a Tory government.
We (wet Liberals) couldn't even stop the Rwanda Scheme.

But people couldn't accept a democratic decision.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th August 2024, 3:46 PM

But people couldn't accept a democratic decision.

It doesn't matter what people 'accepted'.
Leave won, Boris had a majority, he made the deal.
Nothing the rest of us could do about it.
The fact that half the country (more now) thought it was idiotic didn't make a blind bit of difference.
I only wish it had.

Farage and his idiots got their way

They got brexit - the biggest most disastrous, self inflicted economic policy in British history

And now his idiots are smashing up already run down parts of Northern England causing Lord knows how much of a financial disaster - while he sits back and does nothing

Considering these people are always boasting about how patriotic they are - they do seem to love wrecking the f**king place

Is it Donald's day off?

"In an effort to move a microphone out of my path I'm sorry that I knocked it to the floor. That was never my intention".

I suppose, when he was at school, the dog used to eat his homework.

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th August 2024, 4:12 PM

Farage and his idiots got their way

They got brexit - the biggest most disastrous, self inflicted economic policy in British history

And now his idiots are smashing up already run down parts of Northern England causing Lord knows how much of a financial disaster - while he sits back and does nothing

Considering these people are always boasting about how patriotic they are - they do seem to love wrecking the f**king place

Twisting things again as usual. Yes - there is no excuse for this rioting and Farage is an idiot but millions of good right thinking people voted for Brexit to try and rule ourselves but it got thwarted at every turn by those who wanted to stay "European".

It couldn't be thwarted

A pro-Brexit eurosceptic government with a working majority of 80 was running the country and they "got Brexit done"

It's ALL on them, you can't now turn around and blame everybody else for Boris Johnson's failure to make Brexit a success

They were thwarted by their own incompetence

E.g.

"Boris Johnson has been accused of causing "embarrassment" for Britain after blundering into a £10bn trade deal concession with Australia in farcical scenes.

Over a chaotic dinner in No 10 in early 2021, an Australian official is reported to have cobbled together an agreement over meat import quotas on his way to the loo, which he rushed to get Mr Johnson to sign before the final course.

Darren Jones, the chair of the Commons business and trade committee, said the events would "make our professional trade negotiators weep ... this is just an embarrassment".

Your personal vendetta about Brexit for all these years falls on deaf ears.
Did you wear a blue top hat and shout 'stop brexit behind all the live news reports?

Thinking about it all those "do-gooders" have only themselves to blame for these riots.

If we'd been allowed to use water canons years ago there wouldn't be such a problem nowadays. Other countries use them. I know they still have riots but it's a deterrent to some extent.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th August 2024, 9:42 PM

...it got thwarted at every turn by those who wanted to stay "European".

How exactly?

A difficult time to be a right-winger clearly.
I almost feel sorry for all of those types struggling on valiantly on here desperately claiming the Tories didn't really lose by that much or that Brexit didn't really happen or that Kamala smiles too much.
Almost!

Some are waking up though....

Like Arizona Mayor Giles

"I think the time has come for us, as Arizona Republicans, to admit the obvious, and to start saying the quiet part out loud, which is our party's nominee is not qualified for office, and that we need to vote for the adult in the room, and that is Kamala Harris," Mayor Giles said.

"It is time to put partisan loyalties aside, and vote for the leadership that will truly represent the people we want to be in the eyes of the world," said former State Rep. Shaw. "Character matters."

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 6th August 2024, 11:08 AM

A difficult time to be a right-winger clearly.
I almost feel sorry for all of those types struggling on valiantly on here desperately claiming the Tories didn't really lose by that much or that Brexit didn't really happen or that Kamala smiles too much.
Almost!

Yes, because it's all been going so well for the Labour government (as Starmer's approval rating plummets 16 pts according the the latest YouGov poll) and the "Free World" has become so much safer and secure over the four years since its current (so-called) leader took office.

The Water companies being fined millions. Quite rightly too but where are they going to get the money from?

Specific groups found to be organising and orchestrating rioting could be treated as terrorists

Good luck with that f**kos

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th August 2024, 5:23 PM

Yes, because it's all been getting so well for the Labour government (as Starmer's approval rating plummets 16 pts according the the latest YouGov poll) and the "Free World" has become so much safer and secure over the four years since its current (so-called) leader took office.

We won

Get over it