British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,810

I should think it's a given.
Not exactly a 'sane' thing to do, is it?

The OBR to launch a review of the tories last spring statement

Seems they were hiding all sorts of stuff and fiddling the figures

Basically lying to the OBR , and in turn Parliament and the British people

Liars and crooks to the very end

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th July 2024, 7:52 PM

The OBR to launch a review of the tories last spring statement

Seems they were hiding all sorts of stuff and fiddling the figures

Basically lying to the OBR , and in turn Parliament and the British people

Liars and crooks to the very end

The OBR? And didn't Labour leave a mess when they were last in power or do you conveniently forget that?

Yes the economy was in a mess

Due to the world wide global banking crash that effected every country on the planet)

And they were 100% honest about it - they said there is no money left - you can't get more honest than that!

The point is the Tories HAVE NOT been remotely honest - they covered up the almighty mess. You could argue this mess is due in part to the world wide Covid crisis- but that's not the point- they lied!

Lies and deceit

Hunt is a con man and a liar

This is the first time ever that the OBR has had to have such a review - it's completely unprecedented

Probably because the country has never had such a bunch of bare faced liars in power before

I wouldn't say that. What about Bliar leading us into unnecessary wars?

Was Bliar an intended pun?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th July 2024, 8:54 AM

Was Bliar an intended pun?

What do you think?

I see Katie Price and Tommy Robinson both have arrest warrants out for them. I like to think they're on the run together, like Thelma and Louise.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th July 2024, 8:37 AM

I wouldn't say that. What about Bliar leading us into unnecessary wars?

Fiercely supported by a large assortment of Tories and right-wingers like yourself, all the way.
If we were discussing this twenty years ago, you'd probably be attacking me for opposing the war!

I see that the people (well a certain section of them) thought hat the best way to commemorate the deaths of small children was to tear down people's front walls and hurl bricks at the police before attempting to torch a Mosque.

They are vermin and a disgrace the the country they claim to love.

(Although the footage of one of the rioters getting hit in the head with a brick, shortly followed by another brick to the groin, was quite funny.)

Quote: chipolata @ 31st July 2024, 11:43 AM

They are vermin and a disgrace the the country they claim to love.

(Although the footage of one of the rioters getting hit in the head with a brick, shortly followed by another brick to the groin, was quite funny.)

That was amazing. Watched it about 10 times.

Quote: chipolata @ 31st July 2024, 11:43 AM

Do you think that was just someone's hopeless attempt at hitting the Old Bill, or was he unpopular in the neighbourhood?
But the timing was immaculate - Laurel & Hardy-esque, even.

Quote: Lazzard @ 31st July 2024, 11:30 AM

I see that the people (well a certain section of them) thought hat the best way to commemorate the deaths of small children was to tear down people's front walls and hurl bricks at the police before attempting to torch a Mosque.

No , they are British patriots

apparently...

Of course Farage is using this incident to egg on his cretinous followers

"Brendan Cox, widower of murdered MP Jo Cox, wrote on X: "Imagine your response to the death of three children being to peddle conspiracy theories that incite a riot.

"This is why Farage deserves the label far-right. Everyone who is associated with him, has normalised him or promoted him should be ashamed. This is vile."

Quote: Lazzard @ 31st July 2024, 12:05 PM

Do you think that was just someone's hopeless attempt at hitting the Old Bill, or was he unpopular in the neighbourhood?
But the timing was immaculate - Laurel & Hardy-esque, even.

The bricks to the head and chest looked accidental, but the one to the groin HAD to be on purpose!