British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,801

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th July 2024, 11:29 AM

Trump shouting "Wait, wait" so he could get his fist pumping bit in will always make me wonder.

You can't blame him for making the most of it, after he realised he wasn't dead

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th July 2024, 12:48 PM

By "conspiracy theory" you mean a theory that you don't believe.

If you do believe it, it's just a theory.

And, once it's proven, it's a fact.

Some conspiracy theories are valid because conspiracies sometimes do happen e.g. the Gunpowder Plot, Watergate, Partygate...

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 15th July 2024, 4:09 PM

Some conspiracy theories are valid because conspiracies sometimes do happen e.g. the Gunpowder Plot, Watergate, Partygate...

So they're not "conspiracy" theories. Just theories. Some of which turn out to be proven; some don't.

My point exactly.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 14th July 2024, 7:52 AM

His security team acted really fast. In seconds there were armed police with rifles in front of him and even a soldier there, in the video. They didn't take chances with the shooter either.

You have to wonder now how this has changed the Presidential race and the campaigning.

And sadly three civilians close to Trump hit, at least one killed.

Really fast? Not sure they were fast enough.

Yes, seen film today on the news of a Plod (do they have them in The States?) being told and shown the sniper on the roof of an UNCHECKED building just prior to the shooting.

Piss Up and Brewery spring to mind

And just like that the Trump appointed judge throws out the classified documents case against him

You know, the one where FBI agents found highly classified documents scattered all over the bathrooms and bedrooms of his shitty golf motel?

The ones he refused to give back so agents had to take them back by raiding his home?

Paying dividends already

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 15th July 2024, 4:49 PM

Really fast? Not sure they were fast enough.

Reacting to the shooting I meant. I expect the police will be quizzed on why they didn't appear to act (quickly enough) on people's concerns about a man with a rifle on the roof.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 15th July 2024, 7:37 AM

The theory that Trump was set up could hold water.
The shooter can't tell.

A top ex protection officer sniper like the one that shot the shooter thinks it was. He says it's inconceivable he didn't have inside help in getting on that roof, as every vantage point in the area would've been assessed and covered before the event started.

I'm also wondering the sniper didn't see him and shoot him before he fired. If he could clearly see him after just five quick shots then surely he could see him before. 🤔??

If he was a lone gunman who wanted to shoot Trump, he must have known that the snipers would shoot him too.
Both could plainly see each other.
He didn't rush up on the roof and fire, taking everyone by surprise - he slowly crawled with the rifle pointing forward.

Something in this story doesn't make sense.

edit; same thought Alf.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 15th July 2024, 4:09 PM

Conspiracies are indeed a lot more common than regimes want us to think. They try to make them sound unlikely by calling them wild and loopy theories, but many regimes have for a long time had very sophisticated agencies elaborating convoluted and daring plots then covering their paths and denigrating those who say it was a conspiracy as nuts.

Apparently Trump has not yet contacted the widow of the man killed to offer his condolences. On the other hand Biden called her to offer his, but she refused to even take the call.
Why is Trump like this? You'd think he'd do it even if just for appearances. Maybe he got shot in his phone ear.

He has appointed his pick for Vice President

This is what the man in question once said about Trump

"he wondered ahead of Trump's election whether he was "America's Hitler" and in 2017 said the then-president was a "moral disaster." In public, he agreed Trump was a "total fraud" who didn't care about regular people and called him "reprehensible."

"I go back and forth between thinking Trump is a cynical asshole like Nixon who wouldn't be that bad (and might even prove useful) or that he's America's Hitler," Vance wrote in a message to a friend in 2016. "How's that for discouraging?"

"Fellow Christians, everyone is watching us when we apologize for this man. Lord help us," he tweeted after the "Access Hollywood" tape was published in 2016."

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th July 2024, 12:48 PM

By "conspiracy theory" you mean a theory that one doesn't believe.

If one does believe it, it's just a theory.

And, once it's proven, it's a fact.

To me a conspiracy theory - who's are things I enjoy a great deal - are theories not backed up by facts or proof.

As for the Trump Assassination Attempt you could argue either way and interpret the circumstantial evidence to make your case. It was arranged by the Trump team as a beautiful PR exercise, or it was arranged by his opponents to stop him getting elected.

Quote: zooo @ 16th July 2024, 2:26 PM

Apparently Trump has not yet contacted the widow of the man killed to offer his condolences. On the other hand Biden called her to offer his, but she refused to even take the call.
Why is Trump like this? You'd think he'd do it even if just for appearances. Maybe he got shot in his phone ear.

I liked his massive bandage, which he'll probably still be wearing years from now just in case we forget.

Quote: chipolata @ 16th July 2024, 2:34 PM

To me a conspiracy theory - who's are things I enjoy a great deal - are theories not backed up by facts or proof.

Flat Earth is a theory.
The idea that the entire world is covering up the 'truth', is a conspiracy theory.

Quote: Lazzard @ 16th July 2024, 3:06 PM

Flat Earth is a theory.
The idea that the entire world is covering up the 'truth', is a conspiracy theory.

I probably should have added that you need a cover up of some sort, usually involving George Soros.