British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,754

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th February 2024, 7:43 AM

So Lee Anderson says the mayor and London is controlled by Islamists and is suspended and po poo'd out of town.
Then Harriet Harman says MP's should work from home because of the danger and threats of Islamists.

There is a world of difference between saying Islamist Extremism is a danger to MP's - which is true (as is far-right extremism, as Jo Cox's family will attest) and saying that the Mayor of London is 'controlled' by Islamists, and is "giving London to his mates" - which is untrue, and clearly racist.

Personally I have doubts Lee is actually RACIST

i just think he is a gormless moron

I have a theory that he's actually a Labour double-agent, parachuted into the Tories to explode them from the inside.
Now he's successfully done that he can move onto Reform.

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th February 2024, 9:55 AM

I have a theory that he's actually a Labour double-agent, parachuted into the Tories to explode them from the inside.
Now he's successfully done that he can move onto Reform.

Lol

I was actually just about to say exactly that!

Well if its true, fair play to him as he is certainly an absolute gift to Labour at the moment 🤡

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th February 2024, 9:51 PM

It's hilarious to see the right wing media frothing over one opinion poll today that has Labour's lead down to a minuscule 12% !

they are literally celebrating only being behind 12%!

Back to 18% Labour lead today

Funnily the same news outlets don't seem to be devoting any space to this at all though...

How peculiar

So Islam is a race, I didn't know that.
I thought it was a religion or an ideology.
But keep up with the racist mantra - it stops people discussing it.

But the 3 stooges or 4 or 5 can do a bit of back-patting - we saw him off again and nobody else will dare chip in.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th February 2024, 10:32 AM

But the 3 stooges or 4 or 5 can do a bit of back-patting - we saw him off again and nobody else will dare chip in.

You yourself got into a bit of a muddle over whether Judaism was a race or not recently...
You are very sensitive to anyone disagreeing with you arent you? I thought it was the left who were supposed to be the snowflakes! Nobody has been rude to you or tried to shut you down. This is how debates work. Just debate and stop playing the victim.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th February 2024, 10:32 AM

So, how do you want this forum to run, SG?
You put forward a statement that then has to remain unchallenged?

However if you wish to be semantically correct, you're right, it's not racism.
It's Hate Crime.
The fact that those on the receiving end of the hate happen to be brown is a complete coincidence.

If Boris was still London mayor - Lee wouldn't have said this stuff

If Boris was still London Mayor we wouldn't be in this mess.

PMQ Corbyn o meter

3 minutes in.

Cmon rishi you're slacking

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 28th February 2024, 10:57 AM

Nobody has been rude to you or tried to shut you down..

Are you quite sure?

I was referring to the response to your last question.
And you certainly cannot claim to be the politest person on here. Nearly everything you post on this thread contains an attack on at least one other poster.

"The plan is working..."

"homelessness stats out today:

Temporary accomodation up 10.3%

For families with children up 12.8%

Children in B&Bs up 65.4%

Staying beyond statutory limit (6 weeks) up 121.5%

Rough sleeping up 27%
In London 34% "

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th February 2024, 12:21 PM

"The plan is working..."

Temporary accomodation up 10.3%
Children in B&Bs up 65.4%

65% Children in B&B's, didn't Jimmy Savil hang out mostly in B&B's and his caravan ? Do we still have to say "Allegedly" ?

This government still insists on a fix address to access any support, so a rise in "temporary accommodation" will ironically save them money for these tax breaks to wealthy donors, which seem so important to them. Savil was a wealthy donor, so why did he live in a caravan (allegedly) ?

And if this lot gets in again its Austerity part 2

Well they have to fund the unaffordable tax cut bribery somehow...