British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 264

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 9:40 PM GMT

Then you're wrong. My best friend's wife works in the collections department of a small hospital and writes off hundreds of thousands of dollars every day.

Which of course means that the costs are unreasonable and unjustifiable.

Quote: chipolata @ November 3 2010, 8:46 PM GMT

I like that witch who's against masturbation. Hope she did well.

She lost.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 3 2010, 9:45 PM GMT

So what did you mean by "support"?

Laughing out loud

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 9:45 PM GMT

She lost.

:( Still, the bright orange chap did well. He has entertaining skin.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 9:48 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

It was a genuine question. You said government should support religion. What did you mean?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 3 2010, 9:44 PM GMT

Idiocy is to blame for most of the world's ills.

Religion is institutionalized idiocy.

I'd love to hear what good you think religion does.

Oxfam, Cathoilc peace volunteers, Cafod, Islam aid, end of the slave trade etc etc etc

More to the point what have aetheists ever don for us?

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 9:45 PM GMT

She lost.

Unsurprising she was heading up the wankers party

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 3 2010, 8:47 PM GMT

Did you watch the Bush-Kerry debates?

Yes, but I'd be wasting my breath discussing the matter further as you insist that the former president who graduated from an Ivy League university, flew fighter jets for the Air Force and managed large corporations prior to his political career is incapable of tying his own shoes.

Resorting to calling someone you dislike stupid (or fat or ugly) is something that should be phased out of one's repertoire around the age of 5 or 6.

He kept Mexico out if Texas! He's a war hero

Quote: sootyj @ November 3 2010, 9:52 PM GMT

More to the point what have aetheists ever don for us?

Are you on any medications at the moment? Do they work? I suspect they're probably the result of a reality-based view of the world. If the person who created the medicine was religious, I sincerely doubt their research was in any way influenced by Jeebus (or the other ones). Either way, they're a f**k of a lot more effective than prayer, dontcha think?

Quote: sootyj @ November 3 2010, 9:43 PM GMT

So why does anyone have insurance? Do you get a blow job when you renew?

I'm going to suggest that to our HR lady.

No but the inspiration and respect wisdom probably was

Check how many religious types work in medicine or science

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 9:57 PM GMT

I'm going to suggest that to our HR lady.

But more seriously what abot a chronic illnesses needing ongoing medication?

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 9:54 PM GMT

Yes, but I'd be wasting my breath discussing the matter further as you insist that the former president who graduated from an Ivy League university, flew fighter jets for the Air Force and managed large corporations prior to his political career is incapable of tying his own shoes.

Didn't he get into his Ivy League uni because of his dad, fly fighter jets (when he could be arsed to show up) for the National Guard (rather than going to Nam) because of his dad, and manage large corporations because of his dad?

Is that not all a matter of public record, or am I just buying into Democrat propaganda?

Quote: Chappers @ November 3 2010, 9:45 PM GMT

Which of course means that the costs are unreasonable and unjustifiable.

No, it means that people in need of treatment aren't turned away and now that debtors' prisons have been abolished the hospital's only recourse is to take whatever small amount of money (if any) they can get from the patient.

It would be fair Obama had to work much harder for similar acheivments

The Bush bashing is irrelevant anyway as I always got the impression Dick Cheney was the power behind the thrown.