British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,608

Quote: Lazzard @ 30th June 2023, 11:40 AM

Who is it you think, exactly, is responsible?
"Dark forces" or "Leftie Lawyers"?

Darth Vader

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th June 2023, 11:51 AM

Darth Vader

He'd have made a good bank manager.

"I find your lack of a decent credit rating disturbing....."

Quote: Lazzard @ 30th June 2023, 11:56 AM

He'd have made a good bank manager.

😁

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th June 2023, 11:59 AM

"I find your lack of a decent credit rating disturbing....."

L'il rishi has a new plan to fix the NHS (the same NHS his government has run into the ground for 13 years)

He's going to bring in thousands of new doctors and nurses

Great

So ,all these thousands of people - roll up, roll up - for shit pay, long, long hours, awful working conditions and verbal and physical abuse from patients

I can hear them now, beating down the doors

I like that photo of Rishi with a giant.

"Boo hoo! They've copied my policies!"

Volkswagen in Germany is cutting back on manufacturing Electric cars.
The demand for them isn't there. They are laying off temporary staff brought in to help build them.
Might this be the start of a trend throughout the motoring industry as people don't want EV's

Well, barring some new breakthrough I think they're going to have to have them eventually.
I think the whole thing has been handled really badly, by all parties concerned.
Then you add in vested interests happy to keep their foot on the brake for as long as possible.
20/20 hindsight is luxury we don't have, but I fear all these mitigation should have been set in motion decades earlier.
Trouble is, most of us were still in "head-in-sand" mode at the time.

When and if all the EV manufacturers realise they are making dead stock - what happens then?
They are not going to continue losing money while combustion engine vehicles are in demand.
The deadline of 2030 is racing towards us with no infrastructure or real demand for all-electric.

My guess is - people will make their petrol cars last for 30 years or more and eventually all electric will die out.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st July 2023, 10:26 AM

My guess is - eventually all electric will die out.

Let's hope so.

Weren't we all urged to buy diesels for environmental reasons 20 years ago?

The deadline of 2030 is racing towards us with no infrastructure or real demand for all-electric.

That was/is such a stupid date to fix, as there is absolutely no way that is going to happen. I keep saying it - the country is run by f**king idiots.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st July 2023, 1:10 PM

Weren't we all urged to buy diesels for environmental reasons 20 years ago?

Again knee jerk reaction. I remember clearly, when I had my first car, which often filled with diesel fumes from buses and lorries, there is no way that was a healthier option, but "they" insisted it was, and now look at it...........

And now there's companies TV advertising to "help you" claim compensation against diesel fuel suppliers - for Christ's sake do these lawyers have no scruples, looking for ways to make money. How low are they going to go.

Politicians, lawyers, judicial system, knobs in ivory towers - all a load of money grabbing bastards.

When and if all the EV manufacturers realise they are making dead stock - what happens then?
They are not going to continue losing money while combustion engine vehicles are in demand.

My guess is - people will make their petrol cars last for 30 years or more and eventually all electric will die out.

I think you are assuming that fuel prices will still be affordable! That ain't necessarily so.

Police Community Support Officer refuses to attend assault because then he'll 'have to deal with it':

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/pcso-refuses-to-attend-assault-at-co-op-because-then-he-ll-have-to-deal-with-it/ar-AA1dmIf3?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9cff302df85841c2890ee0e5d97a5ff7&ei=11

That was on the breakfast news this morning, when a reporter challenged the "policeman" sitting in a squad car, and basically said, as he was a PCSO he couldn't get involved - then don't sit in a squad car, you prick.

Apparently a drunk 15 year old girl was robbing the local Coop with her mates - what is this f**king world coming to.

I despair And thank God I won't be around when it gets worse.