British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,602

Idiot

That's no way to speak to Beaky

😛

Quote: beaky @ 23rd June 2023, 2:28 PM

The surviving co-owner of the company on video still protesting that there was nothing wrong with the submersible...

Has his wife left him ?

Will they use billion dollar military hardware and robots to scour the ocean next time some immigrants fall off a rubber dingy?

Nah they ain't billionaires

You forgot the word illegal.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd June 2023, 5:49 PM

You forgot the word illegal.

They're not 'illegal'
International law states they're only 'illegal' if they don't claim asylum, or make an asylum claim that is rejected.
The poor devils who drowned off the Greek coast weren't 'illegal'.
International law also states that it is the duty of every sea-going captain to come to the rescue of those in danger of perishing at sea.
So the Greek Coastguard - and by extension the Greek government - may have some difficult questions to answer.

Anyway, I can't imagine you meant that the refugees lives were worth less than those on the sub?

So illegal.

Did you study Law at Trump University ? Post Boris, not sure the world thinks we take "fair play" and legalities seriously anymore.

Another passenger said this about his particular voyage...

"the bracket of the stabilization tube - which balances the sub - tore and had to be "reattached with zip ties,"

I'm no marine engineer , but that sounds f**ked up to me

Very sad outcome and the remains will have been scavenged by marine life soon after the breakup. It's likely they suffered the same fate as the saturation divers from the Byford Dolphin disaster who were killed when the pressurised diving chamber they were in was suddenly depressurised. The force pushed one of divers through a hole the size of a fist which mutilated the body instantly and it scattered remains of the other divers and internal organs around the inside of the diving chamber. The blood doesn't boil in the veins but it instantly becomes a thicker substance and stops circulating. If that happened to the people on the sub it may have been more a more preferable way to go than slowly and helplessly suffocate. The sub doesn't look like fail safe measures were high on the priority list.

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd June 2023, 5:43 PM

Will they use billion dollar military hardware and robots to scour the ocean next time some immigrants fall off a rubber dingy?

Nah they ain't billionaires

Well I was saying that if they saved them they should get charged the costs of the rescue mission. Thinking about it maybe they still should from the victims' estates.

Bojo the clown seems to be saying today that anyone who is bothered about people dying at the bottom of the ocean in a leaky tin can are 'snearing' ' lefties'

I hope he volunteers for the next trip

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd June 2023, 6:32 PM

So illegal.

Wrong.
You either don't undeestand or don't care.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd June 2023, 9:15 PM

Byford Dolphin disaster

Friendly tip - do not google image search that. :/
I mean I probably should have guessed it wasn't a good idea, but there we are.