British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,586

Quote: chipolata @ 1st June 2023, 11:42 AM

There's an interesting debate to be had about AI, although probably not in the media, social or otherwise. It will definitely take jobs, although I personally would quite like an AI Prime Minister. It certainly can't be any worse than the carousel of clowns we do get.

AI lies, just like politicians lie.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/steven-schwartz-admits-he-used-chatgpt-to-file-bogus-court-doc/

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st May 2023, 12:03 PM

Watch out, AI is going to take over the world and destroy all mankind.
Well, according to the news channels today.

No one seems to have mentioned Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics :-

The first law is that a robot shall not harm a human, or by inaction allow a human to come to harm. The second law is that a robot shall obey any instruction given to it by a human, and the third law is that a robot shall avoid actions or situations that could cause it to come to harm itself.

But that goes out of the window if a bell-end like Putin makes up his own rules.

I think the AI's will be making the rules...

"This government will have integrity, professionalism, and accountability at every level. Trust is earned and I will earn yours." These were the promises or the new Prime Minister Rishi Sunak in his first address at Downing Street. .

Obviously this doesn't include the covid inquiry

In which case they will even go to court rather than being honest with the people

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st June 2023, 4:00 PM

No one seems to have mentioned Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics :-

The first law is that a robot shall not harm a human, or by inaction allow a human to come to harm. The second law is that a robot shall obey any instruction given to it by a human, and the third law is that a robot shall avoid actions or situations that could cause it to come to harm itself.

But that goes out of the window if a bell-end like Putin makes up his own rules.

The trouble is that Asimov's 3 laws don't work, mainly because there is no definition of what constitutes a HUMAN. If for example the robots decide that robots are human, and mankind is a kind of animal, then logically an early action will be to eliminate mankind, because it is a threat to their perceived humans.

Welcome back Bill! I was only thinking about you yesterday, knowing you are slightly older than me and hoping you were still with us. 😉

Quote: billwill @ 2nd June 2023, 12:39 AM

The trouble is that Asimov's 3 laws don't work, mainly because there is no definition of what constitutes a HUMAN.

Bloody hell, we struggle enough with what constitutes a woman, so we've got no chances of defining a human!

Well Starmer does.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd June 2023, 6:34 AM

Welcome back Bill! I was only thinking about you yesterday, knowing you are slightly older than me and hoping you were still with us. 😉

I got bored with the predictable responses and was/am busy on other things, so I won't be here anywhere near as often as I was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just out of interest, I asked ChatGPT:

What is your definition of a human being
and it replied:

As an AI language model, I don't possess personal beliefs or opinions, but I can provide a general definition of a human being.

A human being is a member of the Homo sapiens species, characterized by their biological, cognitive, and social attributes. Biologically, humans are primates with distinct physical features, including an upright posture, opposable thumbs, and a highly developed brain.

Cognitively, humans possess advanced thinking abilities, including reasoning, problem-solving, language skills, and self-awareness. They have the capacity for conscious thought, introspection, and the ability to reflect on their own existence.

Socially, humans are highly social creatures, forming complex social structures, cultures, and societies. They engage in cooperative behavior, communication, and the development of shared norms, values, and systems of governance. Humans have a strong need for social connection and often form deep emotional bonds with others.

Humans also display a wide range of emotions, experiences, and subjective consciousness. They have the capacity for empathy, compassion, and moral reasoning, which influence their interactions with other individuals and the world around them.

It's important to note that the definition of a human being can vary across different contexts, cultures, and perspectives. Different disciplines, such as biology, anthropology, psychology, and philosophy, offer diverse perspectives on what it means to be human.

So to it, humans are defined as being members of Homo Sapiens. That amounts to saying humans are humans, so I don't think it could really use the 3 Asimov laws.

???

~~~~~~~~~~
It does 'know' what the 3 laws are and what they mean, though:
I asked: What are Asimov's three laws
and it replied:

Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics are a set of rules introduced by science fiction writer Isaac Asimov in his works. They are as follows:

First Law: A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

This law emphasizes the primacy of human safety and well-being. It states that a robot must not cause harm to humans, either directly or by failing to prevent harm when it has the ability to do so.

Second Law: A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

This law highlights the importance of human authority over robots. It states that a robot must follow the commands and instructions of humans, unless those orders would result in harm to humans, thus taking precedence over the First Law.

Third Law: A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

The third law emphasizes the preservation of a robot's own existence, provided that it does not violate the First or Second Law. This law acknowledges that robots have a vested interest in self-preservation but places it as a lower priority compared to human safety.

These laws were initially introduced in Asimov's science fiction stories as a means to explore the potential ethical and moral dilemmas surrounding advanced artificial intelligence and robotics. They have become iconic and have influenced subsequent discussions and depictions of robotics in popular culture.

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st June 2023, 2:05 PM

AI has the potential to be world-ending.

So has humanity.

I'm no fan of Brexit, but maybe it may actually have been a success if they had gotten some grown ups to make the deals?

Boris Johnson blundered into a crucial Brexit trade deal concession with Australia over a chaotic dinner with prime minister Scott Morrison at No 10, it was claimed today.

He was bounced into signing a disastrous post-Brexit agreement after the Australians seized on a schoolboy howler over meat import quotas during negotiations.

An Australian official made an excuse to go to the Downing Street loo, had Mr Johnson's concession hurriedly drawn up into a formal agreement and took it back to No 10 where the then-PM signed it before the dinner with Mr Morrison ended.

To cap it all, Mr Johnson is said to have told the Australians he was doing it because he wanted to apologise to them for Britain joining the EU 50 years ago.

A furious Liz Truss, then international trade secretary, tried to unstitch the deal but was told by the gleeful Australians that her boss Mr Johnson had already "given away the kingdom".

ðŸĪŠðŸ˜—ðŸĨģ🙃👀👎

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd June 2023, 8:00 PM

I'm no fan of Brexit, but maybe it may actually have been a success if they had gotten some grown ups to make the deals?

You heard it here first:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th May 2020, 6:06 PM

I did not vote... ...I did vote "no" back in 1975 but I have no confidence in today's MPs to govern the country themselves...

I've never liked that smarmy Philip Schofield but I think it's time everyone got off his back. I was thinking about what had happened to Caroline Flack before I realised her Mum had started getting involved.

It is a very ugly situation. I think most people are sick of hearing about it altogether.