British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 258

Yeah, he's not exactly declared war or made it illegal to wear shoes or something.

Palin cannot run a f**king country. She's a joke!

Quote: chipolata @ November 3 2010, 5:45 PM GMT

Doesn't it ever worry you how polarised the people who lead your country are? Or are you so consumed with hatred for the Democrats that you just want to f**k them over so the Republicans can get back in? And before you say you never wanted Obama to fail, you've been itching for him to fail from day one. Just like everybody on the right.

You sound like the one who is polarized, not me. I have no hatred for Democrats at all, a large number of my friends and family vote Democrat. I don't even particularly like the Republican party nor most of its politicians. And no, I haven't been itching for Obama to fail, but I certainly expected him to do so. His promises were vague, unobtainable and unsustainable for the most part.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 5:46 PM GMT

There must be something we brits are missing here, what has Obama done wrong so far?

He's a black Muslim, what more do you need?

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 5:59 PM GMT

You sound like the one who is polarized, not me. I have no hatred for Democrats at all, a large number of my friends and family vote Democrat. I don't even particularly like the Republican party nor most of its politicians. And no, I haven't been itching for Obama to fail, but I certainly expected him to do so. His promises were vague, unobtainable and unsustainable for the most part.

I'm just an observer. How your country f**ks itself up means nothing to me.

Quote: zooo @ November 3 2010, 5:54 PM GMT

Yeah, he's not exactly declared war or made it illegal to wear shoes or something.

Palin cannot run a f**king country. She's a joke!

She's got Fox News behind her. And effectively bitchslapped Karl Rove in public earlier in the year. That was quite impressive.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 5:46 PM GMT

There must be something we brits are missing here, what has Obama done wrong so far?

And don't say the public health service, because that's clearly sensible.

We didn't get public health care, we got a law which forces every American to purchase health insurance. My insurance rate has doubled as a result and my employer is contemplating dropping our excellent coverage when the law takes effect. Hurray!

Most Americans are disgusted by the amount of government spending, not the least of which was a trillion dollars in "stimulus" money. The election shows just how fed up the citizens are.

The only good thing about Sarah Palin is that she reminds me of Tina Fey doing an impression of Sarah Palin.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2010, 6:03 PM GMT

We didn't get public health care, we got a law which forces every American to purchase health insurance.

I seem to recall this was due largely to the Republicans.

Has it really got that much worse in the last two years? Wasn't it all pretty f**ked from Bush's reign of terror?

I'm a bit confused about the health reform, as I always thought it was a move towards public health care. I should do some reading, really.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 3 2010, 6:04 PM GMT

I seem to recall this was due largely to the Republicans.

Yeah I thought it was because it was blocked. But as I said, I'm ignorant.

What is it with American politicians crying all the time? Stop it please.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 6:05 PM GMT

I'm a bit confused about the health reform, as I always thought it was a move towards public health care. I should do some reading, really.

He f**ked up Health Care reform. Although some of the criticism talking about death panels, and comparing him to a Nazi, was cringeworthy and embarrassing.

I'm doing some reading into it now. I find the medical system bizarre in the US. The idea that someone cannot get treatment because they can't afford insurance is just strange to me. Surely one of the minimum requirements for human rights in a wealthy country should be healthcare for all.

We complain about the NHS a lot over here, but I for one are very thankful for it.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 6:27 PM GMT

I'm doing some reading into it now. I find the medical system bizarre in the US. The idea that someone cannot get treatment because they can't afford insurance is just strange to me. Surely of the minimum requirements for human rights in a wealthy country should be healthcare for all.

Dabutt is going to shoot your ass off.

At least the NHS will fix my ass, though.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 6:33 PM GMT

At least the NHS will fix my ass, though.

Not if you believe the info some were spreading in America; if that's true you'll be left to die in a hospital corridor, laid out on a trolley made of Aids.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 3 2010, 6:27 PM GMT

We complain about the NHS a lot over here, but I for one are very thankful for it.

I never use it. Too darned healthy. Cool