British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,568

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th May 2023, 11:05 AM

Logically, if Ukraine were wanting to kill Putin, two small bombs on the roof that didn't even ruffle his hair would not be the way.

Politically I sense the safest result would be if Russia dealt with Putin. He's know to be paranoid, so drone would encourage that. Also it points out how easy it is to breach Kremlin security, if you were that way inclined. Turning public opinion on the bully that was Putin is clearly the way to go. Apparently he's also got cancer.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th May 2023, 3:20 AM

No offence Lofty but have you tried seeing someone about your obsession with the man? Why don't you just ignore him if he upsets you that much? All best with it.

I'll stop once he stops talking complete bollocks

Or once he's in jail

Preferably the latter as the former will never happen

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th May 2023, 9:28 AM

I wonder why the drone bombs landing on the Kremlin while Putin was inside has not been big news?
Finding anything about it for 24 hours was tricky - then just a small piece on the tv news.

Ukraine said they didn't do it and the Russians said Ukraine did it. Somebody f**king did.

A good rule of thumb: if Russia says something, the exact opposite will likely be true.

Russia has ringed Moscow with a dense layer of air defense systems. It's highly unlikely that Ukrainian drones managed to fly all the way there without being detected or engaged. It's slightly more likely that they might have been sent by anti-Putin Russians, but my money is still on a Russian false flag operation. The two drones seem to have been all flash and little bang, and they managed to detonate directly over the dome of the Kremlin but caused little or no damage. I doubt Putin sleeps under the dome - unless it's a hundred feet underground in a hardened bunker.

This was not a credible Ukrainian assassination attempt. It was probably hatched by the Russians to accomplish several goals:

1. Establish a casus belli for trying to assassinate Zelenskyy. (Which they've already done.)

2. Provide an alibi for the smaller-than-usual May 9th victory parade. They're short of men and equipment, and the Russian people are tired of the war in Ukraine and its mounting costs in lives and rubles.

3. Bring the war "home" to Muscovites to engage them more with Putin's folly.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th May 2023, 9:28 AM

There has been speculation on Twitter for a few weeks (by people in the know) that there would soon be big news about the war.

The big news is the Ukrainian counteroffensive that everyone expects to begin soon. The weather has cleared up, they have hundreds of Western tanks and new weapons, and legions of Western-trained troops are being assembled. Russia's extensive network of trenches and fortifications in Crimea and the other occupied portions of Ukraine is proof that they, too, anticipate a Ukrainian offensive soon.

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th March 2023, 2:23 PM

LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th March 2023, 10:35 AM

He should be in bloody jail

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th May 2023, 3:06 PM

Or once he's in jail

Preferably the latter

I know gaol is the preferred far left authoritarian way of dealing with political opponents but there is no need to make it quite so blatant!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th May 2023, 5:04 PM

I know gaol is the preferred far left authoritarian way of dealing with political opponents but there is no need to make it quite so blatant!

Also crooks.
Crooks go to jail, too.

Logically, if Ukraine were wanting to kill Putin, two small bombs on the roof that didn't even ruffle his hair would not be the way.
There are missiles that can use geographical coordinates to within 1 Mtr to destroy any area.
But that way, world war 3 beckons.
I would also agree, it's a feeble attempt to blame Ukraine for it as an excuse to ramp up the conflict.

Not unlike the Germans at the start of WW2 with The Gleiwitz incident in Poland.

I reckon Putin did it himself to frame Ukraine.

There are missiles that can use geographical coordinates to within 1 Mtr to destroy any area.

The Ukrainians don't have such weapons, but they'd like very much to have them. We're giving them short-range (but equally accurate) weapons because we're trying to stave off WWIII.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th May 2023, 6:18 PM

I reckon Putin did it himself to frame Ukraine.

Likewise. The explosions were more flash than bang. It was all for show, but they didn't want to actually damage the Kremlin.

We must remember that Putin's cronies blew up apartment buildings and killed nearly 300 of his citizens to sweep into power and go to war with Chechnya. A simple fake drone attack is nothing for a ruthless villain like Putin.

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th May 2023, 5:54 PM

Also crooks.
Crooks go to jail, too.

Except crooked former presidents. So why make an exception with this one? Was he any worse than Nixon, who was willing to see everyone else go to jail while he pleaded innocent and remained president before the bombshell tapes were produced? Or Bush Jnr who knowingly built a case for an illegal war on false evidence?

This one's been charged because of the extreme personal dislike of the man by his opponents, and in revenge for his outspoken attacks on them. It's a vendetta they wouldn't take against any other president.

Oh dear God...

Quote: DaButt @ 4th May 2023, 6:47 PM

Likewise. The explosions were more flash than bang. It was all for show, but they didn't want to actually damage the Kremlin.

We must remember that Putin's cronies blew up apartment buildings and killed nearly 300 of his citizens to sweep into power and go to war with Chechnya. A simple fake drone attack is nothing for a ruthless villain like Putin.

Actually from the footage I've seen it looked like a model village.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th May 2023, 8:30 PM

Actually from the footage I've seen it looked like a model village.

Or a large firework to me

Am I missing a point somewhere?

13 Albanian young male drug dealers break out of a holding camp, after a row amongst themselves about a pool match.

WHY are they not sent back to the country they came from, which has no war or strife for this scum to escape from, and why are we paying to put them up in comfortable lodgings. Do the powers that be really think they will be model citizens one day? They are criminals - we have enough of our own, thank you!

Words fail me these days when I see things like this go on in the UK.

The world has gone f**king mad

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th May 2023, 11:34 PM

13 Albanian young male drug dealers break out of a holding camp, after a row amongst themselves about a pool match.

WHY are they not sent back to the country they came from, which has no war or strife for this scum to escape from, and why are we paying to put them up in comfortable lodgings. Do the powers that be really think they will be model citizens one day? They are criminals - we have enough of our own, thank you!

24,154 posts and words fail you?

Quote: Chappers @ 5th May 2023, 6:21 AM

24,154 posts and words fail you?

...........and thank you there from Mr Reticent, with his modest posts

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th May 2023, 11:34 PM

It's called due process.
They're in a hotel because the government is being really slow (on purpose?) in processing them.
If found to have failed, on whatever grounds, they would be sent back.
But the government are in no hurry.
For the time being it keeps the vote-winning "immigration" pot boiling.
And they know it's a problem they will be handing over to Labour in about 18 months time.
The chart below shows the problem.