British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,567

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st May 2023, 9:27 AM

It's obvious the gun situation can never be resolved. The discussions and arguments here make it clear.
So we will keep reading about mass killings of innocent people and Americans will accept it as a trade-off for keeping their deadly weapons.
Innocent children will regularly have their young lives stopped with bullets shot through their bodies and the same excuses will be rolled out.

As long as they kill their own....

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st May 2023, 10:09 AM

You're right, SG (Did I just ssay that out loud?).
If it was going to be resolved quickly, it would have been resolved by now.
The culture was born in a haze of gun smoke.

Yes - I remember Gun smoke. Do they still all think they're cowboys?

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd May 2023, 10:59 AM

Yes - I remember Gun smoke.

That's cos your old, like me. 💀

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st May 2023, 10:28 AM

Ahh yes, remember it well with James Arness as Marshall Matt Dillon, in the rootin' tootin' Dodge City, and it was this TV series that brought Dennis Weaver to the world's attention when he played his sidekick Chester, with the gammy leg, which caused a minor stir as people remembered him as being very athletic, but for some reason the part required him to have a limp.

Chester: (limping to the Marshall's office) "Mr Dillon, Mr Dillon! Them their Clayton boys is a shootin' up** over at the Lazy U ranch!"

I'm full of trivia shit like that 😁

** Guns you understand - nothing involving needles. This was a clean town! Apart from everyone shooting each other, that is.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd May 2023, 10:59 AM

Yes - I remember Gun smoke.

Didn't they change its name to Gun Law at one time? Rather like Top Cat/Boss Cat?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd May 2023, 2:53 PM

Didn't they change its name to Gun Law at one time? Rather like Top Cat/Boss Cat?

I don't remember a pet food called Gun Law.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd May 2023, 2:53 PM

In the UK it was initially called Gun Law, later reverting to Gunsmoke. F knows why!

And the Top Cat change, I seem to remember was actually to do with the cat food in the UK

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd May 2023, 4:06 PM

In the UK it was initially called Gun Law, later reverting to Gunsmoke. F knows why!

And the Top Cat change, I seem to remember was actually to do with the cat food in the UK

See above.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd May 2023, 4:22 PM

See above.

Yes, but we ignored your bloody awful pun "joke" 😁

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd May 2023, 4:02 PM

I don't remember a pet food called Gun Law.

Nigel Farage to have his tongue firmly lodged up Donald Trumps anus on GB News tonight - 7pm

I think it's hilarious.
Trump seems to think it's some sort of coup.
(Media, not military, you understand)

I wonder if he can ever find anyone to actually play golf against now?

Cos obviously if he was to actually lose, the game must have been stolen from him. They made the holes smaller when he was on the putting green. Democrats threw his ball in the lake when he wasn't watching. The electronic score board is rigged.

He'd probably cajole a load of knuckle headed red neck dumbasses to go down to the club house and protest

"Otherwise you won't have a club left to play in"

No offence Lofty but have you tried seeing someone about your obsession with the man? Why don't you just ignore him if he upsets you that much? All best with it.

I wonder why the drone bombs landing on the Kremlin while Putin was inside has not been big news?
Finding anything about it for 24 hours was tricky - then just a small piece on the tv news.

Ukraine said they didn't do it and the Russians said Ukraine did it. Somebody f**king did.
There has been speculation on Twitter for a few weeks (by people in the know) that there would soon be big news about the war.

Front and centre on Radio 4.
It's an odd one.
Unlikely to be false flag (though will still be used to justify any assassination attempt on Zelensky) because it makes Russians look dumb (Ukraine managing to get a drone through Moscow/Kremlin's defences?)
For the same reasons (ie it's really hard to do) I doubt it's Ukraine.
Inside job???

Not to drone on but Putin has scaled back Victory Day celebrations in fear of pro Ukraine demonstrations. That's a bit defeatist.

Logically, if Ukraine were wanting to kill Putin, two small bombs on the roof that didn't even ruffle his hair would not be the way.
There are missiles that can use geographical coordinates to within 1 Mtr to destroy any area.
But that way, world war 3 beckons.
I would also agree, it's a feeble attempt to blame Ukraine for it as an excuse to ramp up the conflict.

Not unlike the Germans at the start of WW2 with The Gleiwitz incident in Poland.