British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,539

Sadly that is what the whip does, personal blackmail and threats to a constituency and both sides do it only the Tories of late have been really nasty hen whipping .

Russian News.
A clip from last night is being shown on media of a Russian news channel.

'The UK have spent so much money on Arms and weapons for Ukraine that they are now starving.
Restaurants and the people are capturing squirrels from parks to serve as food.

I was wondering where all the Squirrels have gone? I wonder if the red ones taste better than the gray ones?

So as we head toward Trumpism we get to chant the mantra 'Stop The Boats' instead of Build the wall'
Sadly whilst neither plan was feasible from the outset it sounds catchy so it will serve to hide the damage for a few weeks and give the Mail a chance to find new Royal Family crap to put on their pages while they ignore the reality of a country on its knees because its shot itself in both feet .

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 8th March 2023, 8:14 AM

I was wondering where all the Squirrels have gone? I wonder if the red ones taste better than the gray ones?

So as we head toward Trumpism we get to chant the mantra 'Stop The Boats' instead of Build the wall'
Sadly whilst neither plan was feasible from the outset it sounds catchy so it will serve to hide the damage for a few weeks and give the Mail a chance to find new Royal Family crap to put on their pages while they ignore the reality of a country on its knees because its shot itself in both feet .

It's all so depressingly predictable.
An entirely unworkable plan who's sole, cynical objective is to put the government at loggerheads with the ECJ, 'lefty' lawyers and the Human Rights Act.
Now that Brexit's not exactly a vote-winner anymore, they need something else to rile everyone up come election time.

Exactly they want the mobs to roam social media demanding the abolition of the ECHR and anything else that protects people from the type of abuse the government has lined up for them as well as the wet wretches.
Whats needed is questioning on the logistics of the plan not its aim as that's self evident.

Cold War Steve sums it up rather nicely...

Well it's all they've got left

Normally they would hope to get votes on the economy- can't do that, it's bollocksed

Health, transport, police, energy - nah, all bollocksed

Only thing left now is to try to appeal to right wing morons who would rather sweep everything else under the carpet and just harp on about boat loads of immigrants invading the beaches ("billions" of them according to the Home Secretary this morning.)

What is it you like about unchecked illegal immigrants entering the country?
What would you suggest we do with them?
Hotels are full, costing £billions per year.
They have no work to go to. They seem to be mainly single young men and they are not fleeing war or death threats.
It's common sense to me that they must go through the proper channels and be welcomed and helped.

I suspect it's all about politics and another bone to chew on against the government.
You like to harp on about government mis-spending and yet billions are spent on housing and feeding these people with no return.
It can only get worse as they continue to flood in.

This is ALL about politics , which is why it's so disgusting

The splash on the Daily Express the other day was:

"Ending channel migrant crisis can win election."

Win election??

That's all their concerned with, not doing the right thing - it's all about grabbing votes and clinging to power

This is peoples lives we are talking about - human f**king beings

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th March 2023, 11:16 AM

What is it you like about unchecked illegal immigrants entering the country?
What would you suggest we do with them?
Hotels are full, costing £billions per year.
They have no work to go to. They seem to be mainly single young men and they are not fleeing war or death threats.
It's common sense to me that they must go through the proper channels and be welcomed and helped.

I suspect it's all about politics and another bone to chew on against the government.
You like to harp on about government mis-spending and yet billions are spent on housing and feeding these people with no return.
It can only get worse as they continue to flood in.

They can't be checked because there is no admission system for them,
I agree they need to be checked but its not being done is it, its all rhetoric and no action.
This latest slogan is pathetic they know it will get kicked out by the courts and then they can blame the courts for their failure .
All we are getting being asked to do is hate on the people and ignore the fact that we are incapable of processing them.
The cost of housing these people is due to the governments inability to govern the issue.
They have been promising to sort it out for over 12 years and it is still not been done.
So at what point do you start blaming the government for misleading you?

If they cared about the migrants they would allow application on French soil - as offered several times.
Asylum seekers are processed over there - successful applicant (currently about 60%) are allowed to enter.
The hotel costs are down to the government's chronic under-funding of the processing system.
Stupidity, or cynical attempt to create a problem they can then milk at election time?
You be the judge.

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th March 2023, 10:35 AM

Well it's all they've got left

Normally they would hope to get votes on the economy- can't do that, it's bollocksed

Health, transport, police, energy - nah, all bollocksed

Only thing left now is to try to appeal to right wing morons who would rather sweep everything else under the carpet and just harp on about boat loads of immigrants invading the beaches ("billions" of them according to the Home Secretary this morning.)

Just let them all come here. We've got loads of space for them, houses, schools, NHS we're so rich we can bale them all out.

That include the Ukranian refugees too?

Twatter full of people saying Gary Lineker should be sacked and silenced for saying the tories immigration policy tone resembles the same tone used in 1930's Germany...

So.... just like people were silenced for speaking out in 1930's Germany then?

Strange I thought we had free speech in this country

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th March 2023, 8:05 PM

Twatter full of people saying Gary Lineker should be sacked and silenced for saying the tories immigration policy tone resembles the same tone used in 1930's Germany...

So.... just like people were silenced for speaking out in 1930's Germany then?

Strange I thought we had free speech in this country

It's the ridiculous comparison. And aren't BBC employees supposed to not air their views because of impartiality?