British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,510

I'm sure Suella Braverman will sort it all out. She seems very competent.

Politician knocks over coffee cup, smashing it. Opposition partys- "RESIGN!, RESIGN!" Love the hypocrisy on all sides.
Also, when asked a difficult question on a hot topic "I think the public want us all to move on and let us get on with................"
Any possibility OF MP's taking industrial action? Methinks not.

Finally after being treated like dirt for years - nurses are to strike

They don't need people standing outside banging pans together

They need a decent bloody wage

Quote: Lazzard @ 9th November 2022, 11:03 AM

Well, the ones who climbed the towers have been arrested - fair do's - they broke the law.
But journalists standing on a public bridge reporting on the incident, who immediately showed their press cards?
That's not a good look for the police force in a democratic country.

I crossed the M25 at about 7.10 this morning. Nothing in the clockwise lane.

Quote: lofthouse @ 9th November 2022, 5:01 PM

nurses are to strike

Strike when they're week - the ex Secretary of State for Health is lost in the Jungle and the current one is just lost.
Handcock is reported to be getting £400K for being on telly, that's more than 12 times an nhs nurse's average annual salary.

Embattled cryptocurrency exchange FTX has filed for bankruptcy in the US, seeking court protection as it looks for a way to return money to users.

Former boss Sam Bankman-Fried has also stepped down as chief executive, the company said.

I could NEVER understand how this could work.

The Ukraine war brought uncertainty into crypto currencies, as their main benefit is they're unregulated. Nervous investors make fewer transactions, which makes less money for some trading crypto. We're trying to fight Putin economically by controlling regulated transactions and now, also crypto.

When Musk announced you could buy a Tesla with bitcoins it's price rocketed, then he reversed his decisions because of the big carbon footprint it has and prices plummeted. That unsettled the market as he demonstrated how easy it is to manipulate unregulated markets. Clever guy that Musk.

Nah, Musk is an utter Nutcase, He's just bought a new toy and is smashing it up because he doesn't like the colour and doesn't know how to use it anyway.

If he is treating Tesla Cars in the same way, I'm never gonna buy one and as for his rocket ships ??? would you want to ride in one after the uncaring way he handled the staffing of Twitter.

Chump at it again - posted 10 hours ago...

So in Maricopa County they're at it again. Voting Machines in large numbers didn't work, but only in Republican districts. People were forced to wait for hours, then got exhausted or had other things to do and left the voting lines by the thousands. Even Kari Lake was taken to a Liberal Democrat district in order to vote. Others weren't so lucky. This is a scam and voter fraud, no different than stuffing the ballot boxes. They stole the Electron from Blake Masters. Do Election over again!

Senile old idiot

Quote: billwill @ 12th November 2022, 2:57 PM

Nah, Musk is an utter Nutcase, He's just bought a new toy and is smashing it up because he doesn't like the colour and doesn't know how to use it anyway.

If he is treating Tesla Cars in the same way, I'm never gonna buy one and as for his rocket ships ??? would you want to ride in one after the uncaring way he handled the staffing of Twitter.

Fair points. He's not good with people, but Tesla cars are full of innovation. I'm not convinced he's right for Twitter, but he got their share price bouncing up and down. He's just showing off, bless.

Quote: lofthouse @ 12th November 2022, 3:02 PM

Chump at it again - posted 10 hours ago...

So in Maricopa County they're at it again. Voting Machines in large numbers didn't work, but only in Republican districts. People were forced to wait for hours, then got exhausted or had other things to do and left the voting lines by the thousands. Even Kari Lake was taken to a Liberal Democrat district in order to vote. Others weren't so lucky. This is a scam and voter fraud, no different than stuffing the ballot boxes. They stole the Electron from Blake Masters. Do Election over again!

Senile old idiot

"Well, I think if they win, I should get all the credit. If they lose, I should not be blamed at all."

I see the democrats managed to defy the odds and keep control of the senate

No doubt they cheated and rigged all the voting machines again

Darn those pesky fraudsters!

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th November 2022, 4:17 PM

I see the democrats managed to defy the odds and keep control of the senate

No doubt they cheated and rigged all the voting machines again

Darn those pesky fraudsters!

Fake noos!

A disappointing week for Trump. And thus for Putin.

Taxes are having to go up

We're all going to have to pay more

What a Jeremy