British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,509

Quote: chipolata @ 7th November 2022, 7:08 PM

Nice to see free speech absolutist Elon Musk already banning people on twitter for life. Not for hate speech, but for parody and satire.

Parody and satire, or identity fraud?

I mean he's literally asking that spoof accounts are labelled spoof accounts rather than making out they're legitimate with no qualification. I can't bear Musk but as far as gotchas go this is pathetic.

Agreed. I'm just please Brandson beat Musk in the tourism space race. Russia got the first dog into space, but we'll get the first coach loads of war veterans and LGBTs up there. They don't like up em , them Putinites.

Quote: Aaron @ 7th November 2022, 10:29 PM

I mean he's literally asking that spoof accounts are labelled spoof accounts rather than making out they're legitimate with no qualification. I can't bear Musk but as far as gotchas go this is pathetic.

I agree to a certain extent, but I think it was deeply hamfisted and lacked finesse. And it looks increasingly like he's out of his depth and Twitter is actually a shockingly poor purchase.

There are people pretending to be him. One woman is using her blue tick to call herself Elon Musk.
You have to look hard to see it's not.

It's hardly the crime of the century. Although Twitter's heyday is long gone. It's all about TikTok now.

I take it you don't like the guy - so it doesn't matter.

I was just wondering

When the republicans win the mid terms - will the democrats and Biden say it's all been rigged and they have been robbed of votes?

I guess not

It's only the democrats that are able to cheat and rig elections

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th November 2022, 6:10 PM

When the republicans win the mid terms - will the democrats and Biden say it's all been rigged and they have been robbed of votes?

Of course they will. They done it for every major election that Republicans have won in the last 20 years, and they're already doing it for this one.

Politics as usual.

Gavin Williamson resigns

Pffffffft

He sounds like an obnoxious arsehole

(He'll be back in the cabinet in about 3 weeks...)

Apparently we're arresting journalists now?
Accepting Russian money is one thing, but adopting their policing tactics is another.

Quote: Lazzard @ 9th November 2022, 9:09 AM

Apparently we're arresting journalists now?
Accepting Russian money is one thing, but adopting their policing tactics is another.

Well of course we set a precedent with the arrest and detention of Julian Assange at the behest of the USA.

For knowing where the disruption to the M25 would be and committing a public nuisance.
But not the ones actually causing the public nuisance.

But Roger Hallam (the so called head of stop oil) is a nutcase that is being listened to.
He lost his veg farm due to the climate emergency (he says) So it's hitting Wales hard already.
Not because he didn't own a single tractor just a horse to plough his fields and he f**ked up sowing the seeds properly and the crop failed.
His excuse was 'the weather turned weird due to the climate crisis.

The Henny Penny story has nothing on him.

Well, the ones who climbed the towers have been arrested - fair do's - they broke the law.
But journalists standing on a public bridge reporting on the incident, who immediately showed their press cards?
That's not a good look for the police force in a democratic country.

Not much looks good for the police force these days.
They seem to have forgotten what the word 'police actually means.