British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,506

Asylum seekers from the Manston camp have been dumped by coach drivers at Victoria station in London. Many in flip flops wrapped in blankets had nothing , no money no shelter no food. They were helped by homeless charities and British Transport Police.
Now while some on here may have little pity for them. And despite the fact that in reality few tories MP's have any genuine concern for them, this is not my point.

My point is the sheer bloody incompetence of the Tories, Bravermen is in the public eye like no other and Sunaks reputation for endorsing her in the first place is hanging by a thread. They had to get this right and they made it worse.
You would expect them to sort this out discreetly and effectively and not in their wildest dreams dump them so publicly and bring even more crap down on them, but they have.
I suspect that the reason is that the entire system is in disarray and that the frontline staff are zero hour minimum wage hi viz jacket agency workers and Gang Masters. A total f**k up and they are making it worse.
I defy the biggest tory on here to defend these clowns as it is as clear as day that venom and vitriol are poor substitutes for professionalism and apititude.

Nothing to add to that

Surely the United Kingdom hasn't had such a dreadful government in .... possibly ever??

Any Tory who says this government is doing an even half way decent job is surely a liar, or has recently suffered a severe blow to the noggin

Terrifying how bad they are - AT EVERYTHING

I'd love to know what Starmer would do in the same circumstances. I bet he's so grateful that he doesn't have to make these decisions.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd November 2022, 9:31 PM

I'd love to know what Starmer would do in the same circumstances. I bet he's so grateful that he doesn't have to make these decisions.

We should have a General Election, and then we can find out.

I wouldn't have graced a reply to such and old trope designed to deflect the reality as they have no honest answer, its beyond tiresome it really is.
Have we no tory supporters on here willing to admit to the blatant levels of sheer incompetence currently on display?
The Prime Minster of this country cited last week that he wouldn't go COP 27 as he had other important issues to deal with such as the economy.
So while it was harsh it was understandable.
The next minute the MP for Uxbridge managed to stay in the UK long enough to say that he would attend and low and behold the nations desperate financial situation is no longer an issue.
How weak and vulnerable is the richest man in parliament? Thats because the coinage is power and its trickling through his inexperienced fingers .
He is like Push Me Pull me from Dr Doolittle.

Once Hancock has been voted off that jungle bollocks, Sunak will probably make him chancellor of the exchequer

..............and this week's Bell End is.........................

It's fairly unbelievable that they managed to secure him.
I imagine he was sweet-talked into believing it would raise his profile and he'd be seen as a good person.
Someone should have taken him to one side and told him he is likely to make a right c*** of himself.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 2nd November 2022, 9:10 PM

Asylum seekers from the Manston camp have been dumped by coach drivers at Victoria station in London. Many in flip flops wrapped in blankets had nothing , no money no shelter no food. They were helped by homeless charities and British Transport Police.
Now while some on here may have little pity for them. And despite the fact that in reality few tories MP's have any genuine concern for them, this is not my point.

My point is the sheer bloody incompetence of the Tories, Bravermen is in the public eye like no other and Sunaks reputation for endorsing her in the first place is hanging by a thread. They had to get this right and they made it worse.
You would expect them to sort this out discreetly and effectively and not in their wildest dreams dump them so publicly and bring even more crap down on them, but they have.
I suspect that the reason is that the entire system is in disarray and that the frontline staff are zero hour minimum wage hi viz jacket agency workers and Gang Masters. A total f**k up and they are making it worse.
I defy the biggest tory on here to defend these clowns as it is as clear as day that venom and vitriol are poor substitutes for professionalism and apititude.

Amazing how you take an incident which was clearly due to lack of understanding by some migrants into a rant about the government.

ONE coach; not the many you imply! ONE driver not the many you imply. Of 40 migrants bussed to London 29 were there to call and rejoin their families, which they did. Eleven migrants evidently misunderstood the purpose of the bus and thought they were being taken to a hotel. Then they had to get off the bus at Victoria and found themselves stranded
Quote from BBC story [The Home Office said the group had told officials they had a place to stay. ]
Further quote from the eBC story [ A spokesperson said that when it was discovered that was not the case, they worked "at pace" to find accommodation for them]

In other words the Marston Officials were trying to do exactly what you called for in earlier comments on here i.e. speed up the processing at Marston, yet you choose to drastically exaggerate and use this misunderstanding as an excuse to blame the goverment for not being capable of doing the impossible.

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st November 2022, 12:00 PM

And that's why the processing needs speeding up.
Those with a right to asylum will get it quicker - those who don't (eg Albanian crooks) will be deported quicker.

Do tell us how to distinguish an Albanian Crook, from an Albanian refugee in less than 24 hours.

This is called 'I read the news' that was the news at time of posting and it was being run by sources such as National Newspapers.
Should we now wait on every news story to mature before we comment on it?
If that's the case why don't you hold off in case the story changes again.
I mean its not like this government are known for their honesty.
Only this morning one of their rank Andrew Bridgen was suspended for 5 days and his integrity questioned yet again.
So you should apply a level of leeway when it comes to me having to believe proven liars. After all as the The Sunday Times reported

A Conservative MP lied under oath, behaved in an abusive, arrogant and aggressive way, and was so dishonest that his claims about a multimillion-pound family dispute could not be taken at face value, a high court judge has ruled.

Quote: billwill @ 3rd November 2022, 1:45 PM

Do tell us how to distinguish an Albanian Crook, from an Albanian refugee in less than 24 hours.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.
"Kill them all. The Lord will know his own"

Albania is technically a "safe" country ie not a war-zone - consequently they are not de facto qualified for asylum.
Many are, though - especially amongst women and children - who were the bulk of the first arrives.
Consequently the rate of refusal is distinctly higher for Albanians - and probably more so for this recent influx of men - we just don't have the figures yet
Obviously 24 hours is an unreachable target - especially with the current backlog.
And anyway - 24 hours is the target for time spent in reception camps - not asylum decisions.
Either way, you do it as quick as you can - by resourcing it better.
There are people who are very good at this.
We just need to employ more of them.

We could do a deal with Albania were we swop photos and fingerprints.
Admittedly this would only apply to people convicted by a court.
So we couldn't expel them for what we think they may do?
As that would be seen as conjecture based on racial profiling. and racial cliches.
And no one wants that.

So I've been hearing all day that the bounty bar chocs will be missing from the Celebrations tubs this Christmas

Umm

WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCKKKKKKKK

It is annoying when you have a pile of them at the end of a tub because nobody wants to eat them. .