British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,503

That's the current culture of politics in this country, but how to you change it ?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th October 2022, 8:46 AM

And if Sunak went, I'm sure there would be cries of 'Why isn't he back here looking after urgent business

Not from me.
Nor anyone who puts Climate Change high on our list of priorities.
The usual Fossil Fuel-Lobby shills would kick up a stink, no doubt - especially after the fracking U-turn.

At least you said 'change' not emergency or crisis.

Quote: Lazzard @ 30th October 2022, 8:56 AM

especially after the fracking U-turn.

Language, Timothy.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th October 2022, 9:59 AM

At least you said 'change' not emergency or crisis.

That was a given.

Today's news

Cover ups, security breaches, breaking of ministerial codes, incompetence blah blah same old same old

Here's Tom with the weather

Quote: Lazzard @ 30th October 2022, 11:19 AM

That was a given.

No it isn't.

It is now clear that Suella Braverman purposely altered the procedures at Manston Detention centre to make it almost inhabitable by increasing the numbers being held there.
A second camp was attacked by a right wing suicide bomber.
Braverman is also suspected of lying both in parliament and in the media.
Can any of the Tory voters on here explain to me why this woman is still in place?
I doubt any of you agree with a policy of scary camps, petrol bomb attacks on immigrants and misleading leadership as it smacks more of Germany in 1933 that the UK 2022.
So please feel free to speak out against this type of politics as its needed from both sides.

I think the Tories are in a bind on this.
And it's not dissimilar to the situation with UKIP in 2015.
There is a small but significant proportion of the party who are ripe for the picking when it comes to the Reform UK, Reclaim, UKIP crowd.
Essentially those that were won over by Cameron's referendum promise.
If they are to be believed Richard Tice's lot are getting a deal of new members - all because of immigration.
Ahead on an election that will be tight at best.
If Richi fires Braverman, I think that could signal a bit of a mini-exodus.
I think most Tories find her a bit toxic - but, currently, she's serving a purpose.
As is the situation in Dover.

But its not serving the purpose a tory MP is the one leading the compliant and in doing so exposing the division. Yes a lot of Tories don't like immigration as do many Labour voters on the cheaper worker front.
But this is too tacky and to blatant and its not resonating. Braverman and her ERG nutters can't see that 'Camps' like this don't win people over and they don't make us look good around the world either.
As for the suicide bomber thats not getting as much traction as it should be as it is a sinister development.
No doubt the suicide bomber will have been 'Gammonised' on line so we need to see some of the sites he has been using to get them shut down. No doubt the Daily Mail will feature heavy on his reading list.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 31st October 2022, 11:12 AM

It is now clear that Suella Braverman purposely altered the procedures at Manston Detention centre to make it almost inhabitable by increasing the numbers being held there.
A second camp was attacked by a right wing suicide bomber.
Braverman is also suspected of lying both in parliament and in the media.
Can any of the Tory voters on here explain to me why this woman is still in place?
I doubt any of you agree with a policy of scary camps, petrol bomb attacks on immigrants and misleading leadership as it smacks more of Germany in 1933 that the UK 2022.
So please feel free to speak out against this type of politics as its needed from both sides.

And I thought that PUTIN was the 'only one going around making wild accusations without any proof whatsoever. If you have any proof or sources of these allegations, show them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The borders watchdog said he was left speechless by "wretched conditions" during a visit to a migrant processing centre at Manston, which has already passed the point of being unsafe.
The independent chief inspector of borders and immigration, David Neal, was also concerned after discovering some of those guarding people on the site are not specifically qualified to do so.
He said that following his visit to the Ramsgate site on Monday he urgently raised this issue with the home secretary and the chief inspector of prisons, Charlie Taylor.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conservative backbencher Sir Roger Gale told Sky News overcrowding at the facility - where outbreaks of MRSA and diphtheria have been reported - is "wholly unacceptable".

The site is only designed to hold 1,000 people but there are currently around 4,000 migrants there - more than any UK prison population.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Politicians have revealed it is currently holding two-and-a-half times its recommended capacity of people, while it is also reported individual hotel rooms could be booked in a bid to ease tensions at the Thanet facility.
And following a visit to the processing centre yesterday, campaign group SOAS Detainee Support (SDS) shared a video online in which youngsters can be heard calling: "We need your help."
In the Twitter post, the activists added: "Dozens of young children are being held at Manston detention camp in Kent.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bursting at the seams: Photos reveal tents set up at Manston immigration centre where 4,000 migrants are packed into space for just 1,600 people - amid claims compound is rife with diphtheria and violence
Unions have warned of unacceptable conditions at the former RAF airfield, including outbreaks of disease
Sir Roger Gale, a local Conservative MP, described the situation there as a 'breach of humane conditions'
Migrants are meant to stay there for a maximum of 24 hours while they undergo checks before being moved
Further 468 migrants intercepted crossing the Channel in small boats on Sunday in eight separate incidents
Sunday's arrivals take number to make the crossing so far this year to 39,259 compared to 28,526 in 2021
Have you seen conditions inside Manston? Email rory.tingle@mailonline.co.uk
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suella Braverman failed to sign off on measures which could have eased pressure at a migrant processing centre, sources have told the BBC.

The home secretary was warned by officials the government was acting outside the law by failing to provide alternative accommodation.

Sources claim there was significant concern within the Home Office about the situation at the Manston centre.

The Home Office rejected claims that the advice was "deliberately ignored".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A man threw petrol bombs attached with fireworks at a new Border Force immigration centre in Dover, police have confirmed, adding the suspect was found deceased nearby.
The attacker, a white man in a blue-and-white gingham shirt, drove up to the centre in a white Seat sports utility vehicle. He threw three petrol bombs, one of which did not go off, according to a photographer for Reuters. The suspect was identified and located at a nearby petrol station where he was confirmed dead, police said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A man was seen laughing as he hurled petrol bombs from his car at an asylum centre in Dover after driving 100 miles to the port town.

The smartly-dressed grey-haired suspect in his late 50s threw three fuel bottle strapped to fireworks at Tug Haven at the port town's docks before driving off and killing himself with a makeshift noose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ms Braverman is due to make a statement in the Commons on asylum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Suella Braverman failed to sign off on measures which could have eased pressure at a migrant processing centre, sources have told the BBC."

And THAT is your proof that Suella Braverman is to blame for all the chaos!!!

I don't dispute the chaos, but there is no proof or indication that Suella Braverman is to blame.

It could have been any of them or just merely the fact that there have been far, far more applications for asylum this year than in any recent years, creating a problem at centres that were never designed to handle such numbers.

Bill I don't want to argue with you at all. I just take the stance that if you take action in ministerial position then you have to be accountable for your actions.
Steps were taken to suspend hotel accommodation to create a 'Hostile Environment'
. The woman herself stood at a dias and said that she 'Dreams of planes full of migrants being flown to Rwanda at Christmas' Thats not policy that's hate and piss poor hate at that.

Every country has border controls and systems of legal entry for immigrants.
I'd like to know your solution to the thousands coming every month.
Easy to be outraged....what's the answer?