British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,502

Personally I think Tommy Robinson just needed a big hug (in jail).

He's a joke I have seen him throwing punches and the man he punched head barely went back, what a lemon.
Like all cowards he needs gangs as one on one he would be sparked out cold in two seconds flat.

Agreed - so glad he doesn't try and associate with the John Lennon name tag.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 29th October 2022, 11:13 AM

If for one minute you think that advertisers are going to risk having their products next to posts from racists bigots and morons you are sadly mistaken

If for one minute you think that Twitter isn't that still and already, you are sadly mistaken.

Quote: Aaron @ 29th October 2022, 12:55 PM

If for one minute you think that Twitter isn't that still and already, you are sadly mistaken.

Agreed.
if people were going to leave Twitter because it was awash with racists, they'd have done it by now.

True

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th October 2022, 11:08 AM

I prefer to have the arseholes in plain sight.

Trouble is that makes them easier to assassinate. Some thought JFK, Gandhi and John Lennon were arseholes. Surely is about giving equal access to all arseholes and locking up the dangerous ones. Which ironically, in a male prison ... never mind.

I am well aware of what goes on regardging Twitter
The post I replied to inferred there was a free for all on the way
My point was that it won't become the wild west that people expect with Musk taking it over.
It needs more moderators that's for sure.
But most who were banned will stay so, otherwise it looks like endorsement.

How do you know most who were banned will stay banned? That's just made up conjecture
Mr Musk does not beat to the same drum as you or me.

That sounds like a military drum. What's wrong with a rainbow coloured drum set ? The worlds moved on, globalisation and technology doesn't allow control the old fashioned way. It's safer to embrace globalisation and technology - Putin's failure is case in point.

How many have you had?

Are we talking firkins or drums ?

Liz Truss' personal phone was 'hacked' by spies suspected of working for Vladimir Putin, it has been reported.

According to the Mail on Sunday, agents thought to be working for the Kremlin downloaded a year's worth of messages and top secret discussions with international allies.

But it's claimed Boris Johnson and Cabinet Secretary Simon Case agreed to suppress information about the cyber-attack, which was discovered during the Tory leadership campaign.

Allies were worried that if the news broke it could derail her chances of becoming Prime Minister - and it's claimed she "had trouble sleeping" until Mr Case "imposed a news blackout."

Shouldn't worry.
It'll mainly be stuff about cheeses and pork markets.

Ha!
BoJo playing silly buggers saying he's going to attend Cop 27 - which Sunak isn't.
Tory Party will be paying the price for letting that chancer around the campfire for years to come, I'm afraid.

And if Sunak went, I'm sure there would be cries of 'Why isn't he back here looking after urgent business