British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,501

Is this the same Sunak who was caught on film reassuring Tory activists that he had managed to divert money from deprived urban areas to THEIR areas?

There's more of that integrity again

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th October 2022, 6:17 PM

Is this the same Sunak who was caught on film reassuring Tory activists that he had managed to distribute money to both deprived urban areas and deprived rural areas?

Yes.

Is this the same Labour Party that wanted the government to lock down businesses (and the economy) for longer and to give out more money over a greater period of time that is now complaining about the crashing of the economy?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 26th October 2022, 8:51 PM

Is this the same Labour Party that wanted the government to lock down businesses (and the economy) for longer and to give out more money over a greater period of time that is now complaining about the crashing of the economy?

Yes, yes it is.

Also the same Labour Party that supported half of Truss and Kwarteng's mini fiscal event.

Sunak: "I look forward to PMQs with him and I know that we will have no doubt robust exchanges but I hope that they can also be serious and grown up"

Starmer: "The only time he ran in a competitive election, he got trounced by the former PM who herself got beaten by a lettuce".

Clearly a forlorn hope there then!

School playground banter.

So no mention that the Home Secretary is a security risk then?
The cabinet secretary expressed doubts as did MI5 and the former party chairman and the American bar institute who suspended her in her other name.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 27th October 2022, 10:08 AM

So no mention that the Home Secretary is a security risk then?
The cabinet secretary expressed doubts as did MI5 and the former party chairman and the American bar institute who suspended her in her other name.

As you said before , I guess she wouldn't have been his first choice, more of a sop to the ERG - so I wouldn't be surprised if she's moved on.
She's obviously made the mistake of f**king the wrong people off inside the various departments she's worked with - not sure Tichy will die in a ditch to save her arse.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th October 2022, 9:35 AM

Sunak: "I look forward to PMQs with him and I know that we will have no doubt robust exchanges but I hope that they can also be serious and grown up"

Starmer: "The only time he ran in a competitive election, he got trounced by the former PM who herself got beaten by a lettuce".

Clearly a forlorn hope there then!

If you can't beat them, join them. I can see a lot of parallels between Starmer and Sunak. They both seem pragmatic, steady and lacking emotional range. The opposite to Boris. But we want steady currently, don't we ?

Things could be worse

In Ireland they can't even sit in the same building as each other

Only one side can't sit and its the DUP as like the ERG they demanded Brexit and signed a deal they part devised and now say they can't accept it.
The fact that both these clandestine groups form an anagram of Purged could be the gods of Countdown trying to get us to do what needs doing.

Mr Musk now owns Twitter. He's sacked the old bosses and has said 75% of the staff will also have to go - so there is panic and fear amongst them.
But nothing like the panic and fear from the left that Trump, Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson might be reinstated.

Fair points - but linking this all to comedy, Musk was the first person with diagnosed Aspergers to host Saterday Night Live (and admit it). Dan Aykroyd was diagnosed later. Can't ever see Katie Hopkins or Tommy Robinson ever admitting to anything but being right (far right). *

* they probably do admit stuff and we only know them all from their sound bites, but in the interests of brevity etc... etc... etc...

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th October 2022, 9:50 AM

But nothing like the panic and fear from the left that Trump, Katie Hopkins and Tommy Robinson might be reinstated.

But on the plus side, racists m homophobes and holocaust-deniers are over the moon!
In truth, I 'm not sure it'll make any difference - we all know what kind of people they are.
The usual suspects just spouting their tripe on Twitter rather than on Telegramm WhatsApp or Nazis-R-Us.
I prefer to have the arseholes in plain sight.

His names not Tommy Robinson it Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon. He is a convicted racist agitator who likes to see black people beaten up in the streets especially young ones under 16. He is a shithouse who wouldn't front up a one on one fight as he likes gangs backing him.
As for Katy Hopkins she is so low level it is of no concern to people who can read and write.
As for Trump I don't think they have Twitter in the state pen as thats where is is heading.
But please Stephen wait for the hype to die down. Remember Brexit and how good that was going to be?
Twitter is wholly reliant on advertising revenue and Elon Musk never got where he is by spending billions on a thing he intends to break.
If for one minute you think that advertisers are going to risk having their products next to posts from racists bigots and morons you are sadly mistaken, they would leave in droves and Twitter would collapse.
You have to understand that in the absence of advertising revenue or selling merchandise or paid membership Free Speech can be a terribly expensive thing to bankroll.