British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,497

Still can't get used to 'them' referring to seeing/talking about "the King" - still sounds odd to me, and what was brought home to me, when they were talking about Truss, was she was also in a unique position of seeing the Queen when she took up the premiership and then seeing the King when she resigned - can't see that ever happening again, let alone the shortness of term of office.

Yes,I used to say "Who do you think you are,the Queen of England?" Whenever my BH got a bit above herself.
Now what!

? Yes! Of course............

Bojo backs out

Even the tories aren't that insane to bring him back

You can piss off back to the Caribbean now fatty

Asta la vista

He tried to bluff them and failed as they know that , he is a busted flush.
Coronation of Sunak tomorrow and we all have to pretend that all is well and everything is new but also back to normal.
Then we can wait for the cuts to services and no doubt power along with rises end of triple lock and the non unionised enslavement of the worker under the guise of the common good.
How f**king much more depressing can this country get?.

It's great that the U.K. will have it's first Asian prime minister

And sunak is definitely a far better option than the lying cheating racist misogynistic tool bag boris

From a biased point of view as a lefty , I think bizarrely the tories have got even less chance in the next GE with Sunak

Hopefully all the Bojo cultists will be so furious that 'back stabber' is now pm - it could cause massive divisions in Tory party - killing off the vile organisation once and for all

Never been happier to be wrong.
Best birthday present ever.

And we all used to laugh at Italian politics.

Anniversary of Aberfan this week.Wilson(Labour PM) used some of the money donated by the public for the families to clear the tip.
Tory/Labour there's not that much difference really.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd October 2022, 10:00 PM

I think he will be back. It's too soon, though. Nobody, not even him, was expecting Liz Truss to self destruct so quickly and so spectacularly.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd October 2022, 10:00 PM

You must have had some really shit ones.

Quote: chipolata @ 24th October 2022, 6:37 AM

I think he will be back. It's too soon, though. Nobody, not even him, was expecting Liz Truss to self destruct so quickly and so spectacularly.

Undoubtedly.
Nearer the election, may be, if the runes are looking favourable and this govt goes the full term.
Early election and he'll have to wait another 5/10 years - if he can arsed.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th October 2022, 7:01 AM

You must have had some really shit ones.

I'm exaggerating for effect, obviously.
But his looming presence had cast somewhat of a pall over the week-end.
I raised an extra glass - put it that way.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 24th October 2022, 10:24 AM

Sulky response there. No need to be a sore loser.

You really have nooo sense of humour.

Lazzard I thought you were messing so happy belated birthday.
Speaking of celebrations at least those in so called Red Wall seats appear to be getting what they wanted.
Presuming of course that they wanted the country to be bankrupted and for their mortgages and rents to rise along with their taxes and of course cuts to their already decimated local services and amenities.
And in celebration of their well know racial tolerance and sense of harmony it will be served up by the countries first Hindu Prime Minister who will quiet rightly be putting some lights outside No10 to celebrate Diwali and the fact that he did it all with having to face any form of election, lucky bastards they got it all and more.