British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,496

Latest poll

Labour lead now 39%

LAB: 53% (= from 12 Oct)
? CON: 14% (-5)
? LDM: 11% (+3)
? GRN: 6% (=)
? SNP: 5% (-1)

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st October 2022, 5:41 PM

Latest poll

Labour lead now 39%

LAB: 53% (= from 12 Oct)
? CON: 14% (-5)
? LDM: 11% (+3)
? GRN: 6% (=)
? SNP: 5% (-1)

Sadly it's not in the hands of the electorate.

If Bojo succeeds in overturning a gap like that - then fair play to the fat twat

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st October 2022, 5:10 PM

Tory MP's who'd resigned - telling him his behaviour had bought the party into disrepute - are backing him.
Soulless c***s

Tory MP Caroline Johnson tells Times Radio she is backing Boris Johnson to return as PM. Just over three months ago, she resigned as vice chair of the Conservative Party because the "cumulative effect" of his "errors of judgement and domestic actions" had "squandered the goodwill of our great party". She said if he stayed as PM that would "only damage our party and therefore our country".

Absolute shower

If you want to be a Tory MP do you have an interview where the first question is "Do you have any morals?"

"No"

"Welcome aboard!"

Better the devil you know.

Loving how you lot are all over the place.
Blown by the wind.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st October 2022, 6:59 PM

Even if one of his own colleagues thinks him being PM can "only damage our party and therefore our country".?

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st October 2022, 7:18 PM

Even if one of his own colleagues thinks him being PM can "only damage our party and therefore our country".?

It is interesting to note at what points those on the left choose to agree with Conservative politicians, and at what points they decide they're telling shameless lies/whatever.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st October 2022, 6:59 PM

Loving how you lot are all over the place.
Blown by the wind.

Er...Not really the Left who are all over the place currently.
I've never seen a government fail as completely and dramatically as this one has.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 21st October 2022, 7:37 AM

No chance! Even the Tories aren't that stupid!

Oh you again.

That was this morning. Do try to keep up please.

I know, the wind has blown you along again.
Can't wait for your next prediction in a few hours when this one has time expired.

What are you on about?

Quote: Aaron @ 21st October 2022, 7:41 PM

It is interesting to note at what points those on the left choose to agree with Conservative politicians, and at what points they decide they're telling shameless lies/whatever.

True, but you could say the same about those on the right. This is reminiscent of when Greece lurched right, with their Chancellor arriving leather clad on a motorcycle. The desperate moves of a government in denial.

My biggest worry is that Labour couldn't even win from here depsite teh worst party implosion seen in many years
I say worry, more of a prediction

BJ writing about prime minister Gordon Brown, in 2011:-

"When a regime has been in power too long, when it has fatally exhausted the patience of the people, and when oblivion finally beckons - I am afraid that across the world you can rely on the leaders of that regime to act solely in the interests of self-preservation, and not in the interests of the electorate."

The thing is, there was never a chance for an election till 2024 - unless the Tories decided to commit Hari Kari, so we're stuck with the f**kers for two more years, whatever. In terms of what's good for the country, short term , Rishi is probably a safer pair of hands. But the Tories don't care about the country, just the Party. In terms of hastening a Labour victory, a few more months of Boris chaos can only help. He might be out by Christmas anyway- then we will be looking at an early election. The country plainly don't want him, so he won't gain them votes. Most of the MP's don't want him, so the party will continue to be ungovernable. So in a choice of unpleasant alternatives, as galling as it is, Boris isn't the end of the world. And at least it means we can unearth all the crimes the Tories had rather hoped were buried when they kicked him out. Onward and upwards!