British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,470

I can't live with all the constant 'we are doomed' news reporting.
It's no wonder mental illness is at an all time high.
It is always cherry picked bad news and opinion.

The word 'could' is used in every report. Could, is an opinion.
It could get worse - but never, it could get better.
It leaves people treating 'it could get worse as a fact.

Now Putin's called up reserves and conscripted thousands of protesters as cannon fodder and there's talk of nuclear war again. Is he bluffing?

Yes.
I think.

THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th September 2022, 8:33 AM

Or you can cut your cloth to suit and stop worrying about all the 'worst case scenarios' the media like to pump out daily.

I'm not panicking, and I'm sure we'll get through it, but the things I mentioned are either already occurring or very likely to occur in the near future.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th September 2022, 12:54 PM

Now Putin's called up reserves and conscripted thousands of protesters as cannon fodder and there's talk of nuclear war again. Is he bluffing?

He's backed into a corner, losing badly in Ukraine, and he's angering his citizens with forced conscription. He and his cronies love their billions of dollars and Western investments, so I doubt he'd risk it all by starting a nuclear war. If he tries it, I would hope that his military would ignore the order and depose him.

Putin is desperate, so I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an elaborate show of readying and deploying tactical nuclear weapons in order to force a favorable outcome. He has to have something to brag about, or his reign will be over.

With a bit of luck, someone in his inner circle will have a pop at him with a loaded pistol. The man is a menace to society, and should be hung for his war crimes.

This might all come to head sooner than you think.
Conscripting reluctant citizens to got to war and for lots of them certain death is not going to end well.
If trained soldiers can't overrun Ukraine, I'm sure 6 week wonders can't.
Putin hates that the west are supplying the latest weapons to defeat his army, he'll think it's cheating.
And if he feels that...what's his next move?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd September 2022, 10:14 PM

Will you be posting when it goes the other way?
I think not.

Would you be saying the same thing if it were a Labour Government who had overseen such a fall in the value of the pound?

I don't know.

The straw that broke the camel's back......................

So without fail, anytime there is some important news, it is put out on BBC1 and everything else can go hang, but what's this? The Labour Party conference on BBC2 - not newsworthy then. ?

It's on the Comedy channel too.

Beeb too worried about the license fee.