British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 156

Quote: chipolata @ June 10 2010, 7:16 PM BST

Guido Fawkes is just a Tory propagandist. He hasn't even got the saving grace of being funny.

Quite and what a yawnsomely boring article.

Gosh conservatives are slightly cheaper in government. Who cares they're mostly millionaires already and are looking forward to generous talking fees/directorships when they leave office.

Guido is just so second rate since he got outed. No one seems to tell him anything.

Atleast quote Littlejohn, he's atleast funny and populist.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/10276711.stm

What a vile story.

I'm not sure whether to wish them a long miserable life or a swift death,

Quote: sootyj @ June 10 2010, 8:04 PM BST

I'm not sure whether to wish them a long miserable life or a swift death,

Kill them. Resuscitate them. Repeat.

Will you be watching the Soccerball on Saturday Dabutt?

I think a long, dull prison sentence rotting suits them.

The rope and drop is to merciful.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 10 2010, 8:56 PM BST

Will you be watching the Soccerball on Saturday Dabutt?

Not sure. The pub down the road will be showing it and maybe I can convince the neighbors' wives that their husbands should be allowed out for the "big day." I doubt we'd care much about the game; I'm sure none of us would be able to name any player on either team or know which division/group "our" team is in. It'd mainly be an excuse to go down to the pub at noon.

Quote: DaButt @ June 10 2010, 9:00 PM BST

I'm sure none of us would be able to name any player on either team or know which division/group "our" team is in. It'd mainly be an excuse to go down to the pub at noon.

*high fives*

Quote: chipolata @ June 10 2010, 7:16 PM BST

He hasn't even got the saving grace of being funny.

Incorrect.

Quote: sootyj @ June 10 2010, 7:28 PM BST

Guido is just so second rate since he got outed.

Correct.

Quote: sootyj @ June 10 2010, 7:28 PM BST

No one seems to tell him anything.

Incorrect.

Quote :

Vandals have destroyed floral displays a week after they were put up in Woking town centre by cycling enthusiasts.

Ellie Guttridge, Cycle Woking's communications officer. said:

"We initially installed them to see how they would be received and we had intended to place further displays around the town,"

"But if vandals just destroy them we will be forced to abandon these plans."

Surely they've found out how they would be recoved!

I have high hopes for the upcoming zombie show which will air on AMC (home of the best show on television, Breaking Bad) in October. Looks like it might be a good one!

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2010/06/zombie-production-photo.php

Quote: DaButt @ June 11 2010, 11:07 PM BST

I have high hopes for the upcoming zombie show which will air on AMC (home of the best show on television, Breaking Bad) in October. Looks like it might be a good one!

As a huge zombie fan, this sounds very promising. And high time Zomb's had a TV show of their own, considering how many vampire shows we've had.

A mathematical fact: zombies > vampires.

Not unexpected:

Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites

Saudi Arabia has conducted tests to stand down its air defences to enable Israeli jets to make a bombing raid on Iran's nuclear facilities, The Times can reveal.

In the week that the UN Security Council imposed a new round of sanctions on Tehran, defence sources in the Gulf say that Riyadh has agreed to allow Israel to use a narrow corridor of its airspace in the north of the country to shorten the distance for a bombing run on Iran.

To ensure the Israeli bombers pass unmolested, Riyadh has carried out tests to make certain its own jets are not scrambled and missile defence systems not activated. Once the Israelis are through, the kingdom's air defences will return to full alert.

"The Saudis have given their permission for the Israelis to pass over and they will look the other way," said a US defence source in the area. "They have already done tests to make sure their own jets aren't scrambled and no one gets shot down. This has all been done with the agreement of the (US) State Department."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article7148555.ece

Quote: chipolata @ June 12 2010, 11:07 AM BST

As a huge zombie fan, this sounds very promising. And high time Zomb's had a TV show of their own, considering how many vampire shows we've had.

I'm not an expert in this field but surely vampires are themselves zombies, yet a vastly more evolved sub species? The vampire wins it easily over the zombie for me, vamps spring back to life looking sexier than anyone and are very well dressed, while the average zombie looks like they've been dug up with the poatoes. Vamps for me.

Quote: DaButt @ June 11 2010, 11:07 PM BST

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2010/06/zombie-production-photo.php

Hope so! I've just started to work my way through the comic it's based on. Seems odd that it's going to star Egg from This Life though, how'd he land that gig?!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ June 12 2010, 2:31 PM BST

I'm not an expert in this field but surely vampires are themselves zombies, yet a vastly more evolved sub species? The vampire wins it easily over the zombie for me, vamps spring back to life looking sexier than anyone and are very well dressed, while the average zombie looks like they've been dug up with the poatoes. Vamps for me.

You best stick to the Twilight saga with the other 13 year old girls. Pleased