British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 150

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2010, 12:16 PM BST

Exactly! :D

If only for the fact that it's called a "dingo fence". Lol, Dingo!

Why do Aussies like to end words in 'o'? It seems that everyone gets the knickname corresponding to their name, but with 'o' on the end.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 8 2010, 12:02 PM BST

You could put a bounty on urban foxes to encourage otherwise idle or mischief-making young youths to catch them with traps.

This is a good idea.

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2010, 12:04 PM BST

Why was the fox put down? I understand this is a really horrible incident but I can't image the same fox doing it again. Unless it's a case of 'Once a mauler, always a mauler'.

Because they're vermin.

Quote: Aaron @ June 8 2010, 12:26 PM BST

This is a good idea.

It's a terrible idea as cats and dogs would end up dying in the traps.

Not kittieeeeeeeeeeeees! :(

Quote: Aaron @ June 8 2010, 12:26 PM BST

Because they're vermin.

Hmmm, if they've become big enough problem for you to consider them vermin. Then consider your living conditions. Secure your bin lids down, etc. (Not suggesting you live in a bin!) Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ June 8 2010, 12:28 PM BST

Good point.

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2010, 12:33 PM BST

Hmmm, if they've become big enough problem for you to consider them vermin. Then consider your living conditions. Secure your bin lids down, etc.

He just really hates foxes.

Quote: chipolata @ June 8 2010, 12:28 PM BST

Not to mention, young children getting maimed and so forth.

Quote: zooo @ June 8 2010, 12:35 PM BST

Laughing out loud How odd. Any particular reason? Is it the lefty's and their hunting ban ways?

He says they kill cats.
Which they probably do in towns. in which case, urban foxes are indeed evil.

I'm used to country foxes, who are pretty and fluffy and clean, and I never heard of them attacking any cats, so I've always thought of foxes as quite nice.

Quote: zooo @ June 8 2010, 12:35 PM BST

Aaron hating something blindly with no good reason! That's not like him.

Ah, that's understandable. Never heard of any cases of it, but not entirely unbelievable. I'd hate to hear of it, but I ain't going to hate a creature cos it kills and eats another creature. Otherwise I'd hate you all! ;)

Quote: Leevil @ June 8 2010, 12:33 PM BST

Hmmm, if they've become big enough problem for you to consider them vermin. Then consider your living conditions. Secure your bin lids down, etc. (Not suggesting you live in a bin!) Laughing out loud

If foxes have become bold enough to enter peoples' houses, then "securing bin lids" isn't going to do anything. Especially when there are idiots around who actively and purposely feed the beasts.

Quote: don rushmore @ June 8 2010, 12:35 PM BST

Not to mention, young children getting maimed and so forth.

The plusses are almost outweighing the negative.

Yeah, I can't believe some people feed them, that is mental.

(Not children, foxes.)

Quote: Aaron @ June 8 2010, 12:43 PM BST

If foxes have become bold enough to enter peoples' houses, then "securing bin lids" isn't going to do anything. Especially when there are idiots around who actively and purposely feed the beasts.

I've never considered them beasts. Sure I'd imagine they'd have quit the nip on them but I wouldn't exactly try to stroke one though. People probably shouldn't really feed them if they live in a built up area, I agree. But for the opposite reason that they might get run over. :P

I will feed a hedgehog. But that's the biggest wild animal I'd feed.