British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,131

But a true expert would spot a modern attempt to recreate the original.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 19 2012, 5:36 PM GMT

Nothing says freedom like electronically tagging and monitoring the movements of criminals.

So if we locked everyone up, we'd all be completely free? :S

Quote: chipolata @ December 19 2012, 11:23 PM GMT

My mom loves Tim Wonnacot yet despises David Dickinson. To me they're interchangeable.

Wonnact was chasing my wife all over the field. The man has no shame.
Dickinson seems universally despised in the trade. I've always found him ok.

Quote: bigfella @ December 20 2012, 11:55 AM GMT

Wonnact was chasing my wife all over the field. The man has no shame.
Dickinson seems universally despised in the trade. I've always found him ok.

Sadly my plan to dress us as Henry VIII and grab anything Tudor didn't work out.

Anymore succesful than you're attempt to row off with the Mary Rose?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-20798188

We've not had a discussion about the woman who is refusing medical care for her son because she's afraid it will mash his brain bits.

Is she right or is she wrong? She is sort of attractive, which makes me feel she is in the right, but then again, she named her son Neon...fukkin' Neon. Maybe they both need brain treatments.

When I saw her on telly being followed by paps, I thought she was one of the Gallagher wives.

Quote: zooo @ December 20 2012, 3:20 PM GMT

When I saw her on telly being followed by paps, I thought she was one of the Gallagher wives.

I thought it was a celeb libel case at first as well. It is a strange case, as the child was in no immediate danger but the courts forced him to have medical treatment against his mother's wishes.

Is this combatting child endangerment or the state imposing it's will on the individual?

There's a dad around who wants him to have the treatment..
Probably didn't want to call the boy Neon, either - and look where that got him.

Apparently the child IS in immediate danger as it's now another operation he needs and not only radiotherapy.

I'm afraid this woman has maybe flipped her lid because it's all too much for her, hence, perhaps, the fact that she ran away with the child at one point.

Quote: Lazzard @ December 20 2012, 3:29 PM GMT

Probably didn't want to call the boy Neon, either - and look where that got him.

Laughing out loud

Quote: keewik @ December 20 2012, 3:30 PM GMT

Apparently the child IS in immediate danger as it's now another operation he needs and not only radiotherapy.

That conflicts with what I've heard. He had surgery to remove a tumor and it was successful. The doctors said there might be a chance of the tumor returning, but it wasn't definite.

Radiotherapy is sort of a guarantee against the tumor returning in the future, but the side effects can be quite nasty and may alter brain chemistry.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 20 2012, 3:33 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

That conflicts with what I've heard. He had surgery to remove a tumor and it was successful. The doctors said there might be a chance of the tumor returning, but it wasn't definite.

Radiotherapy is sort of a guarantee against the tumor returning in the future, but the side effects can be quite nasty and may alter brain chemistry.

You don't need to tell me about radiotherapy. Our family has been through all this after our younger son developed leukaemia aged 4. He, and we, are still living with the side-effects but today he turned 32 and he's glad to be alive and we're glad he's still here.

Truly, my experience is that doctors don't bugger you about with this kind of serious illness. You have to have faith in them and in what they're advising. where did this woman get her medical degree that she thinks she knows better? And bear in mind the father agrees with the doctors.

Terribly sad looks like shes a victim of internet research and the cancer hope industry

Ko

Read an e/cellent article on dubious but legit treatments on offer in mexico and Russia

She dismissed her legal team when her second opinion didn't back het

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 20 2012, 3:18 PM GMT

Is she right or is she wrong? She is sort of attractive, which makes me feel she is in the right, but then again, she named her son Neon...fukkin' Neon. Maybe they both need brain treatments.

Laughing out loud

Here's another very full article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/dec/20/neon-roberts-mother-time-tumour

I rather like neon if I had a catid call it neon

And paint itluminesent at halloween

Nb the mums net thread on the subject is quite illuminating