British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,124

Quote: Lee @ December 16 2012, 9:48 PM GMT

When us blokes occasionally dip in blokey humour with our irony and tongues firmly tucked between our cheeks.

It doesn't feel like occasionally, is the thing. The odd posting is different from several pages of wanking jokes in succession.

It's odd to be made to feel prudish as I'm not a prudish person at all, but if you go to the 'news' thread you don't expect it to be pages of wank-fantasies, no matter how 'tongue in cheek'.

Quote: Lee @ December 16 2012, 9:48 PM GMT

When us blokes occasionally dip in blokey humour with our irony and tongues firmly tucked between our cheeks.

Nah, don't mind that at all. It's pretty obvious who's being ironic or a bit cheeky amongst mates, and who's revealing aspects to themselves that are rather unsavoury
*insert taste joke here* *insert insert joke here* *uses up all the asteriskseses on the internet* *is annoyed to realise that means have uncovered censored nudie pics*

Quote: Harridan @ December 16 2012, 9:52 PM GMT

but if you go to the 'news' thread you don't expect it to be pages of wank-fantasies, no matter how 'tongue in cheek'.

Had a look through the last few pages, haven't been able to find the wank-fantasies. Most disappointed.

Pardon me sir I beg but my mocking is a mark of respect and affection

I don't call out f**king with people for nothing..

Quote: sootyj @ December 16 2012, 9:59 PM GMT

Pardon me sir I beg but my mocking is a mark of respect and affection

Well that's okay then, you big penis gobbler. ;) :P

Quote: Harridan @ December 16 2012, 9:52 PM GMT

It doesn't feel like occasionally, is the thing. The odd posting is different from several pages of wanking jokes in succession.

It's odd to be made to feel prudish as I'm not a prudish person at all, but if you go to the 'news' thread you don't expect it to be pages of wank-fantasies, no matter how 'tongue in cheek'.

I don't think you're prudish... quite the opposite in fact! :D ;) ;) ;)

I understand what you're saying. The only thing you can really do is encourage the conversation back onto the topic of the news. I can't really moderate the discussions in a forum with no off-topic rules. Where would it end if I did?

Can I ask people try and keep certain topics to certain threads, after all this is a community, we're all together in this and we'd like to keep everyone as happy as :D but if you don't like it, you know where the door is. That's goes for both side of this argument.

Quote: AJGO @ December 16 2012, 9:44 PM GMT

TBH Lofty, I'm always quite surprised when you do it cos you don't seem like someone women would edge away from in bars from your other posts.

What?

Thanks for the consideration and display of basic good manners.

Or you could maybe take it to an actual FHM forum rather than BCG?

Unimpressed

You fantasy about me abusing thou?

How very good 50 shades

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 16 2012, 10:00 PM GMT

Well that's okay then, you big penis gobbler. ;) :P

The biggest

Jessica Ennis was robbed. Discuss.

Totally agree! She was ace.

You can't give a prize to a man who has made such shitty hair choices.

Laughing out loud

Who won?

Bradley Wiggins.

They are all winners anyway :)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 16 2012, 10:31 PM GMT

Jessica Ennis was robbed. Discuss.

Definitely. Her first ever Olympics and she wins the gold in a sport which is proper hard and she was the face of the Games - in terms of PR alone, she made Britain great.

And she can cross the road without getting hit by a car.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ December 16 2012, 10:44 PM GMT

Definitely. Her first ever Olympics and she wins the gold in a sport which is proper hard and she was the face of the Games - in terms of PR alone, she made Britain great.

And she can cross the road without getting hit by a car.

You just fancy her, if Wiggin's had tits instead of sideburns you'd be jumping for joy :P