British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,062

27 animals killed in the making of the Hobbit, don't believe it when they say no animals were harmed in the making of this film, which they will.

Nice. :(

What kind and how?

Sadly horses mostly. The company has now changed its policies, but some might say a little to late.

:( F**kwits.

The animals didn't die while being filmed, it was where they were being kept that was unsuitable, so they will say no animal was injured during filming! Angry

Ahh, I see. Tricky.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ November 19 2012, 5:04 PM GMT

I don't understand why you're propagandising for the Israeli government.

Oh yeah, we got us an old fashioned liberal fight a-happening! I'll break out the humous and veggie burgers whilst Oscar and Saffron put on some tribal whale music.

Now I get to watch you all descend into ignorant name calling and blind racism as you defend whatever truth you believe to be right, regardless of facts. Woo-hoo!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 19 2012, 5:45 PM GMT

Oh yeah, we got us an old fashioned liberal fight a-happening! I'll break out the humous and veggie burgers whilst Oscar and Saffron put on some tribal whale music.

Now I get to watch you all descend into ignorant name calling and blind racism as you defend whatever truth you believe to be right, regardless of facts. Woo-hoo!

Humous yum! :)

Quote: Pingl @ November 19 2012, 5:16 PM GMT

Sadly horses mostly.

Nope, it was mostly chickens that were killed. But horses sounds better because of 'My Little Pony' and 'War Horse' and shit.

By all means, get up in arms about how the animals were housed on a terrible farm, but get your facts straight when it comes to the death toll.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 19 2012, 5:52 PM GMT

Nope, it was mostly chickens that were killed. But horses sounds better because of 'My Little Pony' and 'War Horse' and shit.

By all means, get up in arms about how the animals were housed on a terrible farm, but get your facts straight when it comes to the death toll.

A number of horses died unnecessarily, what you spout doesn't change that, and for that matter any animal that dies in the name of entertainment is wrong! Bring back the coliseum eh, a few lions and bull die, but hey its all in the name of entertainment.

Quote: Pingl @ November 19 2012, 5:56 PM GMT

A number of horses died unnecessarily, what you spout doesn't change that

It changes the ratio of dead animals in favour of chickens and goats. But if you want to spread lies, blatant, hysterical lies to create some sort of moral panic, then don't let me stop you.

Oh wait, I will stop you.

Quote: Pingl @ November 19 2012, 5:19 PM GMT

so they will say no animal was injured during filming! Angry

The 'they' in question being the American Humane Society who were on set whenever animals were used and thus provide the certification. If no animals were harmed during the actual filming, then that is factually correct.

Three horses died, it wouldn't matter if it was one, goats and chickens and sheep were also killed, maybe I'm unusual but I find that wrong. Still as we know its just us bleeding heart liberals standing between you and your fun. One, two, three it doesn't matter, its wrong!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 19 2012, 5:45 PM GMT

One side bombs schools the other uses suicide bombers

In what deluded parralel universe could either be called liberal?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 19 2012, 6:01 PM GMT

It changes the ratio of dead animals in favour of chickens and goats. But if you want to spread lies, blatant, hysterical lies to create some sort of moral panic, then don't let me stop you.

Oh wait, I will stop you.

The 'they' in question being the American Humane Society who were on set whenever animals were used and thus provide the certification. If no animals were harmed during the actual filming, then that is factually correct.

RC don't act dumb, the film company will word it in such a way as to make people believe no animals suffered due to the making of this film or films

Quote: Pingl @ November 19 2012, 6:02 PM GMT

Three horses died

And finally we have the truth. Was that so hard? As for your faux tears over a dead chicken in New Zealand, I'll let you deal with the grief in your own way.