British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,059

Quote: sootyj @ November 18 2012, 9:19 PM GMT

I'd love to own one of those they look so cool

Just make sure you put the machete in the cover first, otherwise the recoil could slice your arm off. ;)

Quote: zooo @ November 18 2012, 9:20 PM GMT

They're not cats so I don't care. ;)

Laughing out loud

Honestly I'd most likely use it To kill myself mankind being the most dangerous game

Quote: sootyj @ November 18 2012, 9:22 PM GMT

Honestly I'd most likely use it To kill myself mankind being the most dangerous game

Worst Jean Claude Van Damme movie ever.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 18 2012, 9:05 PM GMT

as someone who lives in a country where all of the wild bears and wolves were snuffed out hundreds of years ago, the answer is pretty simple, it won't effect the eco-system one bit.

Well that's a pretty ignorant remark. the absence of apex predators is a major conservation problem; deer populations are out of control and munching their way through coppice regrowth and emerging seedlings, leading to significant habitat depletion. We badly need wolves in this country.

Quote: sootyj @ November 18 2012, 9:09 PM GMT

When was the last time a wolf fired a rocket Into a city

You racist

He certainly is a racist, because he doesn't hate wolf Aussies or wolf Yanks, only wolf Packs.

quote name="Tursiops" post="932758" date="November 18 2012, 9:33 PM GMT"]Well that's a pretty ignorant remark. the absence of apex predators is a major conservation problem; deer populations are out of control and munching their way through coppice regrowth and emerging seedlings, leading to significant habitat depletion. We badly need wolves in this country.[/quote]
Now were the apex predator Bitch

Unsuccessful chat up line

Quote: Harridan @ November 18 2012, 9:08 PM GMT

I wonder if you've ever had a moderate opinion in your life.

I wonder when he actually had an opinion. He is like one of these hack tabloid columnists grimly churning out spittle-flecked outrage to order.

Quote: Tursiops @ November 18 2012, 9:33 PM GMT

Well that's a pretty ignorant remark. the absence of apex predators is a major conservation problem; deer populations are out of control and munching their way through coppice regrowth and emerging seedlings, leading to significant habitat depletion. We badly need wolves in this country.

Not to mention fox and badger populations

Quote: sootyj @ November 18 2012, 9:36 PM GMT

Now were the apex predator

In which case I would encourage all to stop slacking and get out there and bag yourself a haunch of venison.

Quote: Harridan @ November 18 2012, 9:39 PM GMT

Not to mention fox and badger populations

And if you could manage a few badger burgers and vixen sausages that would also be doing your bit for the environment.

Quote: Tursiops @ November 18 2012, 9:33 PM GMT

We don't need wolves to control animal populations, there are huge numbers of people in this country who would happily cull these creatures and pay the government a hefty fee for doing so.

But thanks to the mixed up, clueless, bureaucrats at DEFRA or whoever controls the wildlife in this country, they're not allowed. They banned red deer hunting in Scotland and now the antlered twats are running amok. They will now use our tax money to pay their own people to hunt the deer.

I can't believe that our animal welfare control is being drawn up by people who either watch too many Disney films or who have never lived in the country.

Americans have to contend with massive bears wandering into their gardens and eating off the bird table. I'd prefer the odd wolf.

Although they would attack cats. :( So, sod 'em.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ November 18 2012, 10:11 PM GMT

Do you mean wolves, or humans?

I mean wolves, the same wolves that attack children, livestock and family pets. You can play favourites with living creatures if you want - I will always go for the tasty beef, kiddy winks and labradors over the murderous wolves.

As it's a situation you will never likely face, then armchair comment away on which animals get to live or die based on your emotions.

Quote: zooo @ November 18 2012, 11:09 PM GMT

Americans have to contend with massive bears wandering into their gardens and eating off the bird table. I'd prefer the odd wolf.

You know, like, them dangerous dogs the kids have on the estate right? You know, like they go mentals every now and then and chew someone's face off, yeah?

Well imagine an intelligent pack of them that hunt in groups and hey presto, you have the friendly wolf.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 18 2012, 11:10 PM GMT

I mean wolves, the same wolves that attack children, livestock and family pets.

Isn't that jimmy saville?

I'd still prefer a wolf to a bear! Which is what I was saying. Not that wolves are lovely. You mentalist.

Quote: zooo @ November 18 2012, 11:15 PM GMT

I'd still prefer a wolf to a bear! Which is what I was saying. Not that wolves are lovely. You mentalist.

I agree, if it came down to being attacked by a single wolf or a single bear, then you are more likely to survive against the wolf. If a bear gets ya, forget it.

Sorry if I inferred that you were a 'wolf lover'.