British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,057

It's just you ;)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ November 16 2012, 1:16 PM GMT

It's just you ;)

Oh, Ithought it might be ;)

Quote: Pingl @ November 16 2012, 1:13 PM GMT

Is it me or won't children in need be a bit awkward in light of recent events, the elephant in the room. Or am I just being cynical and we should get on with a worthy charity event?

Maybe if Jimmy Savile was presenting.

Has the BBC/CIN introduced CRB checks yet?

apparently even as we speak Pudsy's restraining order is being renewed.

Quote: Lee @ November 16 2012, 1:20 PM GMT

Has the BBC/CIN introduced CRB checks yet?

I would think they would have been in place for years.

Aparently the original title of Children in need was,

Children in need of *^%£$£&%$£&%!

Quote: Pingl @ November 16 2012, 1:13 PM GMT

Is it me or won't children in need be a bit awkward in light of recent events

Yes, because the words 'BBC' and 'Children' are being used in the same sentence. Being a wildly confused person who can only react to things irrationally, I'm not sure if the BBC should raise money for sick children.

Maybe all the proceeds should go to the victims of Savile and the Hairy Cornflake - I really don't know because I'm a f**king idiot.

They should have a new appeal called 'Victims In Need' - yeah.

Oh the irony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v29CBJUBq0&feature=fvwrel

laugh out loud of the day,

Quote: Pingl @ November 16 2012, 1:31 PM GMT

Oh the irony

Here's what's really ironic, the BBC have a channel called CBBC, which stands for Children's BBC - in light of recent events, I think that's a bit sick, don't you?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 16 2012, 1:35 PM GMT

Here's what's really ironic, the BBC have a channel called CBBC, which stands for Children's BBC - in light of recent events, I think that's a bit sick, don't you?

Not as sick as blue peter :P

I don't care what you say I'm lighting a torch and grabbing my pitchfork Pirate

Quote: Pingl @ November 16 2012, 1:36 PM GMT

I don't care what you say I'm lighting a torch and grabbing my pitchfork Pirate

:D

'Hey kids, wanna see my one eyed pudsey?'

Oh FFS, Tory MP is being interviewed on BBC News about the pathetically low turnout for the Police Commissioner elections.

Interviewer: 'Do you think you should have publicised the election more?'

Tory MP: 'We have limited funds. People think we should be spending the money on more important things'

No f**king shit. How about saving a ton of cash by cancelling the whole scheme altogether instead of providing cushy jobs for the boys, you stupid bunch of clueless twunts.

Yeah, your local A&E might have closed down, but rejoice, you have John Prescott as your new useless parasite gobbling up tax payers money and doing bugger all.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ November 16 2012, 2:12 PM GMT

:D

'Hey kids, wanna see my one eyed pudsey?'

Oh FFS, Tory MP is being interviewed on BBC News about the pathetically low turnout for the Police Commissioner elections.

Interviewer: 'Do you think you should have publicised the election more?'

Tory MP: 'We have limited funds. People think we should be spending the money on more important things'

No f**king shit. How about saving a ton of cash by cancelling the whole scheme altogether instead of providing cushy jobs for the boys, you stupid bunch of clueless twunts.

Yeah, your local A&E might have closed down, but rejoice, you have John Prescott as your new useless parasite gobbling up tax payers money and doing bugger all.

Too true.
There was a former police chief on the radio the other week saying that when he had a civilian police commissioner (somewhere fairly major like Thames Valley) it was a part-time job, in his word "a couple of afternoons a week".

Quote: Lazzard @ November 16 2012, 2:32 PM GMT

Too true.
There was a former police chief on the radio the other week saying that when he had a civilian police commissioner (somewhere fairly major like Thames Valley) it was a part-time job, in his word "a couple of afternoons a week".

It's all bullshit and everybody knows it, no one was going to bother, I didn't.

Cheryl said: "Tre is a dancer, he is my boyfriend. And the rest you can figure out for yourself. There is a presence with Tre, he gives 100% on that stage every single time, he just doesn't know any other percentage.

"There's a stronger connection and a chemistry that you wouldn't have with any other dancer. To have that relationship is rare, to be able to have that with you and share those moments is pretty special, actually."

Cheryl also uses the documentary as an opportunity to address the press intrusion into her life.

She said: "It's all new for Tre, you know, it's crazy for him. I've experienced it for 10 years, I get it, but it's more hurtful when the media intrude on my loved ones. They didn't ask for this, they don't want that, they just want a normal life with their family."

F**k off Cheryl.